I have two more pages to share today from my Birds of a Feather March kit. This kit contains beautiful yellows and blues from Authentique Genuine and My Mind's Eye Brightside.
I posted a tutorial last week on the BOAF blog about different ways to use corrugated cardboard. I used it in a lot of different ways on this page. I wanted this page to focus on primary colors because it was about "playing" and I think primary colors and kid playing is a perfect combo! :)
Charlotte has been pretty good about teaching Kyler how to "play" she shows him how toys work, BUT she also wants to play with every toy that he is playing with. He doesn't care right now, but I'm sure that's gonna change very soon! :)
To add red into this kit I painted the white corrugated cardboard from Jillibean Soup. Then I used a die to cut it on my Big Shot.
I tried embossing a punched piece, too. It embossed just fine, but took out some of the texture of the corrugations.
You can also just punch the cardboard with a regular punch like I did with this heart.
I made these little shaker frames with the FabScraps frames that come in the kit and two pieces of transparency. I used a piece of paper to create a small funnel to add the goodies to the inside after three of the sides were glued and dried. Then I glued the last side.
OK, I'm not gonna lie. This next page took me about 5 hours. I moved papers around and around over and over again. I left it on my desk for a few days, scrapped something else and then came back to it and did the same thing!!! FINALLY I just decided to glue stuff down because I was tired of struggling with it. I hate when that happens. BUT, I kinda like it, so I crossed it off the list and am moving on.
At 7 months old, Kyler had his first hair cut. He came out with a full head of hair, and it was already growing into his eyes! :) My mother in law actually cut it, and he was a good sport while she worked on his for about 30 minutes! Charlotte has yet to get her's cut! :)
The February kit actually came with these little clear envelopes and I KNEW as soon as I saw them that I was going to use them to hold a few pieces of his hair. I added a piece of paper to the background and added a button over the magnetic closure.
I wrote some journaling on a tag I created from PP and tucked it behind a photo.
On Sunday, I have a special post going on with an RAK available, so be sure to stop by!!!!