Thursday, April 19, 2012

A mini for mother...and lot of other happenin's

When I saw the piece of Prima Almanac paper with the cards on it in this months Birds of a Feather kit, I immediately knew that I was going to use them to make a mini album.  I thought black and white photos would go just beautifully with these papers.  And seeing as how I used this kit to make some Mother’s Day Cards, I decided to make a little gift for my mom, too…a mini album of some of my favorite photos of the kids over the past 9 months.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Here is the paper that I used for the cards inside:



I cut out the 12 cards and glued them front to back to make 6 pages.  On each page a add a tab with a word cut from patterned paper. For the covers, I simple used two pieces of chipboard and covered them with the flocked paper on the outside and splattered with white paint.  I punched one small hold in the middle of the left edge and threaded a piece of twine with a little “give” to allow for the pages to open up.  I then glued the black velvet ribbon around the album spine and added some length so it could wrap back around the front.  I added some magnetic closures to help the ribbon stay closed.  I die cut a doily shape from patterned paper and fussy cut the butterfly from one of the papers.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


On each page I simply put a photo of the kids and added some punched flowers and a few other embellishments here and there.  I forgot to do this before I photographed, but I do want to add the dates to each page.  The photos are in chronological order.  A simple, yet sweet album that I know my mom will love!

COMING UP:


There is a LOT going on the next couple of weeks!

Fri 4/22-Stay tuned for a tutorial by me that I think you will love!  I’ve had it in my head for a while, and now it’s time to get it out!  A link will be on the Practical Scrappers blog, too!

Sat 4/21-You don’t want to miss this blog hop event!  We are celebrating Diana Fisher’sBlogiversary (she founded Sketchy Thursdays).  TONS of prizes and inspiration!!!!!

4/27-4/29- The BEST online crop anywhere, ever, at CocoaDaisy (oh and someone might be celebrating a birthday that weekend, too!)



5/4-5/6- Birds of a Feather online crop for National Scrapbook Day!

5/8-5/13-Memorable Seasons Online Crop to celebrate National Scrapbook Month!

Seriously…there is a LOT going on!  J I have at least 6 post scheduled for the next 2 weeks, so come back soon!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Your mini album is gorgeous! I love the black and white photos, so elegant.

Diana Waite said...

wowzers this is GORGEOUS!