Monday, December 3, 2012

Basically Bare and Xyron SWAP....A Little Christmas Village..

Hello everyone!  Audrey here and I have to tell ya....I'm not much of a glitter person...except at Christmas time!  :) I honestly don't use a ton of glitter on most of my projects, however the holidays and the sparkling snow outside just make me want to use glitter on everything! BUT loose glitter can be so messy!  A quick and easy way to apply glitter is to use a Xyron Create A Sticker!!  I used my Xyron to help me create some of the glittery parts on my little framed houses from the Basically Bare "Happy Little Houses" set:  



First I covered each house with patterned paper and stitched around the edges with my sewing machine.


The roofs are a combination or stickers and patterned papers.  On the edge of each roof, I use a thin line of glue and some mica snow.


On the background, I splattered some blue mist, and then added my glittery snowflakes.  I cut my snowflakes with my Cricut, and then ran them through the Xyron right side DOWN, so that that side would be sticky.  Then I sprinkled some loose glitter on the sticky side and glued them on the background.




I did the same with some small bits of white cardstock for the windows, too.


To decorate the outside of the frame, I simply wrapped a bit of twine, and used some more glittery snowflakes with a little banner piece...


My 3 1/2 yo daughter was watching me make stickers and use glitter (every 3 1/2 yo daily dream!) so of course I had to let her try.  I cut out some extra shapes from white cardstock, ran them through the Xyron, and then let her go to town on decorating them with glitter!  :)  Yes, there is glitter everywhere, now, but it was worth it!

Thank you Xyron for sponsoring us this month!

12 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW! What a beautiful decor piece! I love this!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! I love how it turned out!

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful creation!

Unknown said...

Soo pretty!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, how adorable!!! You should link up with us over at simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com - our current challenge is houses :)

Tracey said...

LOVE this house project ! So pretty and I adore the glittery effects:) Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Candy C said...

Audrey...this is soo cute! Love what you've done with your little row houses! They are darling. Love the touch of mica on the rooftops! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

antenucci said...

Love how u framed the little houses - great idea!

Christa said...

Such a gorgeous project. I am in love with its warmth and the great little bits of genius.

Sheila said...

LOVE this...the little bits of snow are the perfect touch!

Jo said...

Fabulous piece! I love the mica flakes and the use of the baker's twine!

Maura said...

What a fun little village!