Friday, October 11, 2013

September Scrapbook Circle Projects (yeah..i know....its October)!

Can I tell you how happy I am to be a part of the Scrapbook Circle Team again????  I love love working with the kits!

Somehow, my post with my September projects never got posted, so here they are!

Here is my page of Kyler using the vacuum.  He LOVES the vacuum...whenever there is one out, he has to be using it!  I hope this continues through his teenage years!  :)   When we leave grandma's house, he even says goodbye to her vacuum!

Many times when I am working on a page, I try and use something from the photos to inspire my design and the products I use.



I thought of what a messy floor looks like when right before you vacuum it up (specifically, the area around my scrap space! HA!). Strings, and scraps and maybe a few drops of paint or mist splattered here or there. So those are exactly the things I used on my page!



I used a grungy stamp and some charcoal ink around the edges of my page in some spots, then just took some clusters of strings and layered them under my scraps of paper. I machine stitched over some of the strings to help keep them in place.


This was based on the Sept. sketch on the SBC blog.



This kit comes with an entire box of Fancy Pants cork arrows, which just add so much depth to a page. You can paint them or mist them to match your pages, too!  Here I wanted to do something creative with them.  Kyler turned 2 in July, and I wanted to use a big #2 on my page as a focal point.  I thought the cork stranding out against the black and white stripes made for good contrast!




I started by cutting a large #2 on my Cricut and then covered it with the small cork arrows.  Then I simply trimmed the edges of the arrows off by turning the number around so I could see from the back where the pieces were off.  I then inked the edges in black to make it stand out a bit more.



I matted behind the frame a bit by adding some strips of the grey washi tape in the kit. The rest of the page I kept pretty simple by added a banner with some brightly colored pieces.    This was about the 3rd or 4th birthday page I did of him, so I decided not to add any journaling this time.


Sometimes I find Polaroid frames challenging because my photos dont seem to fit right, so I used them to create an overlapping grid pattern on this page.  Charlotte actually took the photos of Kyler and I...he took my glasses and put them on and then gave me his.  And of course, Charlotte then wanted to switch, too...



I added a bit of depth with some tone on tone cork elements on the cork paper.  Lots of fun bits and pieces on this page!


And lastly, this fun fun page that was actually inspired by a TISSUE box that I bought for Charlotte's room!  You can read more about it HERE on the SBC blog.


I designed and cut the pattern with SCAL2 on my Cricut and then added patterned papers behind the cut outs.  Some of the cut outs I purposely left empty and instead popped some white cardstock from the back to give it depth.


Just a few other elements like buttons and twine.

And faux stitching to highlight some areas of the page.


Did you know that you can save TWENTY percent off your order at Scrapbook Circle (subscriptions not eligible)?????   Just enter the code Audrey20off at the checkout!  Happy Shopping!

Stay scrappy my friend!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

SUPER fun layouts Audrey!