Friday, December 27, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree.....

...how lovely are thy branches.....

We seriously got the fattest Christmas tree EVER!  It took three men to pull it through the baling machine!  This is the first time we've put a tree in front of our bay windows, and it looks so beautiful!



 I really wanted the photo to stand out on this page, so I used minimal patterned paper and a white background.  But I wanted to add some interest to the background, so I created a cut file using SCAL2 and a font called Sego Script.  I welded the letter together and cut it out on my Cricut.


I added a few splatters of paint under the large title on the white cardstock to make it stand out just a bit more. I didn't do any journaling on this page because the title pretty much says it all!  :)



The design of this page is based on a sketch at Stuck?! sketches, which you can see HERE, and a color combo challenge at My Scraps & More.  I used die cuts from Simple Stories, papers from Webster's and Basic Grey, and gold stars from Studio Calico.



I also used a few vellum pieces and tags from Pink Paislee, and a wood veneer circle that i misted green to balance the page a bit.






Stay scrappy my friends!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Audrey this is simply stunning! i love the gorgeous title work (brilliant) and the pretty layers! And yes that is one fat and lovely tree! thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Sandy Ross said...

Love all your layering... the white on white is stunning! Thanks for playing along with STUCK?!

Tracy P said...

Great take on the sketch! LOVE your titlework and the white on white with the stitching is perfect. Thanks for joining in with Stuck!

Lee-Anne said...

Everything is amazing with this layout Audrey! Love your tree and the texture that the die cut title and stitching creates. Great take on the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Joefil said...

Beautiful layout! Love the layering and background! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?!