Friday, June 27, 2014

Scrapping Your Stash Monthly Blog Hop: 5 & Happy!

Welcome to the Practical Scrappers "Scrapping Our Stash" monthly blog hop!   On the last Friday of each month, a group of us share a project with older stash that we haven't used in a while.  Hop along the blog list below to see a ton of great projects making the "old", NEW again!

My daughter just turned 5 a few weeks ago and we threw a tea party for her and her friends!  The girls each got a hat that they decorated with feathers and flowers and they each got a tea cup and saucer to take home, too (thank you Salvation Army!).

For her invites, I found a tea cup card cut file (see more details below) and used some old Basic Grey "Sweet Threads" paper for pattern (these are at least 2-3 years old!).  As I was going through the papers, I realized how much I loved them, so I decided to bring them back for this page as well.



I was inspired by a quick little tutorial I saw at ScrapMuch? by Laura.  You simply cut a scalloped punched piece at the highest points instead of the valleys.  Anyways, I cut all these pieces out from lots of different patterns and created a "wreath" like pattern on the background.  Before I glued the papers down, I stitched concentric circles around the page, put the papers down, and stitched a circle around them, as well.  Then I outlined some of the punched shapes with a thin black pen to make them stand out a bit more.




There are a few mist splatters on the background and some chipboard pieces also from the Sweet Thread collection. You can also faintly see some polka dots that I lightly stamped with a black ink.

I wanted to make this page really look frilly, so I used some pearls (along with the frilly punch to create the wreath pieces), pink, and flowers.  What's more girly than that? :)



The #5 was cut with my Cameo and the "Happy" was a sticker from the collection, too!


Continue on the hop below to see MORE inspiring projects!

Audrey http://audreysreflection.blogspot.com/  <-----YOU ARE HERE!

Stay scrappy my friends!

-Audrey


14 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is so gorgeous, and sounds like such a fun party!

Sandy Ross said...

What a fun party for little girls, and your layout is just fabulous....so very girlie! Thanks for the inspiration! Loving the blog hop so far!

Margie said...

Very pretty! Love BG!

Lyne said...

Such a lovely page and Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Sue D said...

Very pretty--love the wreath frame and the papers you used.

Erin Morehouse said...

Audrey this is stunning! You make the BG look fresh and new- I was wondering what is that paper, and where can I get it lol! ( now I know I have a drawer full)

Unknown said...

Just stunning Audrey!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a gorgeous page! I love how you cut the scalloped pieces to create the wreath/frame, loving the doodles and stitching too!

Lisa P said...

How absolutely gorgeous! That fabulous frame is amazing.

simplybren said...

Always love a tea party! This is a gorgeous layout!It has so much going on yet flows so beautifully. TFS.

Lee-Anne said...

This is so gorgeous and girly. Happy birthday to your daughter!

Bobbi Smith said...

Audrey, your layout is beautiful! You make me want to dig mine out and use it now! Great technique :)

Diana Waite said...

loving the texture and colors on this page!

Nadine Carlier said...

Wow, gorgeous page Audrey!