Friday, October 3, 2014

World Card Making Day Blog Hop with My Scraps & More Sketches!!!

Hello and welcome to the My Scraps & More Sketch Blog blog hop!!  Today, each design team member has created a CARD sketch to celebrate World Card Making Day.  That’s TEN different sketches!!!


There will be TWO prizes given out for the blog hop:

1. One person will win a $10 gift certificate to the store just for commenting on one of the designers blog posts. I will choose one of the DT members blogs and then choose a random commentor from that post.

2. Another winner will be chosen from all the card sketch entries uploaded to the In Linkz on the My Scraps & More Sketch Blog. For each card sketch, create a DIFFERENT link up. So if you complete all 10 sketches, you will need to do 10 link-ups! (On your card link please be sure to mention whose sketch you used and link back to the My Scraps & More Sketch blog. If you’d like you can also leave the DT member a comment with a link to your card so they can see what you did with their sketch.)

Here is the prize for the card sketch blog hop:


Untitled

All comments and card sketches for the Blog Hop must be linked up by Monday, October 6th at 12 pm EST.

BUT, if you don’t complete all the card sketches by Monday, that’s OK….you can still upload them through the end of the month for the monthly prize drawing on the sketch blog!  The more sketches you do, the more chances you have to win!

Here is the monthly blog prize:

Untitled


And now let me share my sketch and card with you:

I decided to do something a little different with the sketch and I created a CIRCLE shaped card!  I love making cards of different shapes...it's a quick way to add some charm and personality to a card.  And you can embellish it very simply, and it will still look spectacular!

Here is the sketch:


I just some stickers and die cuts from Fancy Pants Merry Little Christmas, and then added a few sequins.  Sequins seriously make EVERYTHING look fancier, and it is such a simple touch that adds a big impact.


If you are scared about doing a round card, just look at the sketch as a circle on a square or rectangle instead.


Since I was using the Fancy Pants stash, I decided to make a few more cards based on some of the other DT members sketches! Now, I'm not gonna share their sketches, but I WILL tell you whose sketch it was!

Michelle's





Missy's



Tracy F's



and another card just because I wanted to!  :)





To see all the other sketches, check out the other DT members blogs below:













Thanks for hopping along with us!

33 comments:

LisaM said...

Loving your circle shaped card Audrey! Fun! Beautiful cards!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love circle cards! Very cute! You're getting a good start on the holidays!

Celeste B. said...

I haven't made a circle card in years. Thanks for the inspiration.

Scrapenabler said...

Great circle card. Love all your cards.

jenessa said...

Wow! I wish I was this far ahead into making Christmas cards. They're ALL awesome! I'm feeling inspired to make some too...

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great set of cards, and great idea to use WCMD to make a dent in your Christmas cards! I love your round card and all the stitching on it.

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh great batch of christmas cards I LOVE that idea!! LOVE the circle sketch

Unknown said...

I love circle sketches - love all your cards Audrey - the bright colors against the kraft

Tracy F said...

Love your circle shaped card! You sure got a nice head start on your Christmas cards. Great takes on all the sketches!

Krystle said...

I love the kraft background on your cards and the sketch is great!

CaffeinatedPapercuts said...

Oh how fun to create a shaped card! Love the kraft and the holiday lovelies.

snazzyjj said...

What a fun way to celebrate! All of these cards are great.

Nadine Carlier said...

Love the circle card and all the other ones too! Great paper line to use for them all!

Kim said...

Love the sequins and the kraft backgrounds. Great cards. So, the deadline is Noon on Monday?

Michelle said...

These cards are beautiful!! Love the Kraft background!

Melanie said...

WOW! These are gorgeous cards! I'm so inspired

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are beautiful!!! Love the sketch being a shaped card!

Unknown said...

I love all of your cards and the fun circle sketch. I can not wait to play along.
-Cher

Lyne said...

Circles always stump me...thanks for the challenge

Sandy Ross said...

Love all your beautiful Christmas Cards....thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

i think i like missy best

julie e said...

What gorgeous Christmas cards! I love your card sketch too! Inspired a birthday card (which I am off to link up)!

Sally Cranney said...

Love all of your cards Audrey! And a great sketch! Very inspiring indeed!

Sandi said...

I love your sketch and used it to create my card that you can see here:

http://lifeatthebeach51.blogspot.com/2014/10/world-card-making-day-card-3.html

Your cards that you made are awesome. What a fun way to celebrate WCMD!

KellyG said...

Wow! Super cute cards! Love shaped cards, great sketch!

Amanda said...

Cute sketch and lovely cards. I took the easy version, with your circle on a square card. You can see my first five cards from blog hop sketches here:

http://amandas-scrapbook-pages.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/floral-cards-part-one.html

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I hear 'ya about sequins! They've been my goto for adding some color and punch to projects. Lovely circle card you've created - and you are so far ahead I the game for making holiday cards, too!

Jean said...

BEautiful cards! Love all the details!

Kim A. said...

Love the cute circle card and the rest are adorable, too!! I hope to be able to work on the cards tonight or tomorrow.

petunia670 said...

Holy smokes, I adore all these cards. The circle card with the stitching and the pattern papers cut into strips on a couple of cards is a great way to use lots of pattern and scraps.

Unknown said...

I love all of your cards, especially th e round one.

GinniG said...

I had great fun with this sketch Audrey! Here's my entry! What a FUN blog hop!

SweetScraps said...

Your sketch was fun to work with, and your cards are gorgeous!