Monday, October 5, 2015

Quilt in progress....Star Blades...C&S Charm Along

So I've been bitten by the quilting bug and have been down in my dungeon working on all kinds of projects!  It's safe to say that I'm becoming obsessed, just as I have with every other crafty endeavor! I am going to start adding some quilty posts to my blog and make a new tab specifically for quilting and sewing projects.



Anyways, I stumbled across Ms Midge's blog and saw a post about a Cotton & Steel Charm Along.  I just happened to have 5 charm packs of Cookie Book sitting in my cupboard that I hadn't cut into yet, so I decided that this was a sign that I needed to!

I sat for a while and thought about a fun design in my head and sketched it out in my notebook.



The first star took me quite a while to make because I was trying to figure out measurements and lining up seams, which was really tricky because I was cutting pieces at a weird angle.  I never got them to line up just right, so finally I just decided that the points would just remain off set throughout.  Being consistently inconsistent actually makes you consistent, right?



So I've made 9 out of 16 stars.  each block is 8" unfinished, which will make each star 22 1/2" across and tall once finished.




I am really loving where this is going and the colors of this line are one of my favorite palettes...that GREEN.....omg I just LOVE IT!



Can't wait to share the finished product!






2 comments:

sewn by leanne said...

Love the star pattern !! Looks so good with the cotton and steel fabric !

Leslee said...

Love your quilts!