Friday, November 20, 2015

Fall layouts with PhotoPlay Paper and ThermOWeb DecoFoil

Hello everyone! It was so exciting to collaborate with the new PhotoPlay Paper company and one of their first releases, Autumn Day. Each fall we take a trip to the Adirondacks, and this collection was a perfect match for some of my photos.

climbing mt coney
 

 I began with some large angled pieces on each side of the layout to mimic the angles of the slopes we were climbing.  I used some of the leaf stickers from the Autumn Day 12x12 sticker sheet and scattered them down the page in a naturial flow, and then machine stitched over them with some free motion loopy swirls to provide some movement. I incorporated a few DecoFoil™ leaves in Pumpkin and Rose Gold that I punched from some of the new DecoFoil™ Toner Sheets and ran through my
laminator.


climbing mt cooney 1
 


 To bring in a bit more foil, I added a few drops of DecoFoil™ Liquid Adhesive on the trees and went over it with some Pumpkin and Rose Gold Deco Foil to make the leave shimmer.

climbing mt cooney 2
 

 On my 2nd page, I used a few simple grid design with some strips and squares of paper.


up we go
   


 Again, I scattered some leaves down the page to create movement.  I added a DecoFoil leaf cluster on my journaling circle.  I die cut one leaf from a DecoFoil™ Toner sheet and ran it through my laminator with the Pink Melon DecoFoil.  The other leaf is wood venneer that I covered with some DecoFoil liquid adhesive and covered with Pumpkin DecoFoil™.  Then I reapplied some more Liquid DecoFoil™ Adhesive and covered with the Pink Melon DecoFoil™. This created a two-toned effect!

up we go close up 1
 

 Thanks to PhotoPlay paper for letting us work with our amazing new collections!

No comments: