My word for the year is RENEW. I am making a huge resolution when it comes to scrapping this year, which focuses on this word. This is something that I have been thinking about for a while, and has encouraged me to explore the same type of approach with other things in my life as well. My scrapbooking stash is getting so big that I hardly know what I have anymore! As for my scrapping and crafting goes, I have decided that I will not make any purchases of any new scrapping products or crafts products for the entire year of 2010, with the exception of items that are consumables such as glue, other adhesives, pens that run out, and possibly an album or two to store LO's in.
My main source of new products will be entirely from Design Team compensations, or from prizes won online, if I am so lucky. This is an extremly difficult task, although I am really looking forward to the challenge. I intend to really explore the items I have and find new and creative uses for them and to revive some of these older products and make then new again. This means no new papers, no new tools like punches, no new stamps, no scrapbook kit clubs, etc., etc. (*NOTE: I am getting the Jan. kit for Cocoa Daisy b/c they need 30 days notice of cancellation, so my last kit with them will be Jan.) As with any mission, you need to have a plan of action, and this is how I am going to accomplish this task:
1) Every month I will create a scrapbook kit for myself using the items that I have on hand. The kit will include at least 8 patterned papers, 4 cardstock, two alphas, ribbon, and an assortment of other embellishments. I will post a photo of this kit at the beginning of each month on my blog, and I vow to create at least 3 products (LO's, cards, alterted items) with my kit. Any leftover items of my kit will be put back into "circulation" with the rest of my stuff.
2) I will try to use my scraps as much as possible and explore creative uses for scraps both online and through experimentation. I will post these ideas and creations on my blog.
3) I will clean my scraproom at least once a week, including vacuuming.
4) Once a month I will purge a few items and put them into a box. At the end of the year I will donate the entire box of items to a school or someplace else that would use them.
5) I will repurpose things from around the house and turn them into great crafty products ( frames, boxes, etc.).
6) I will have a "sit-down" with my cricut once a month to create embelishments and other items to use on LO's and cards. I also resolve to cut additional items specific for a LO or card at least once a month. (I can use Challenge Masters and other bug blogs to help me!)
7) I will put $50 a month away in a special account. If I complete my task as planned, then at the end of the year I will have $600 saved. I will then use this to buy whatever I want in 2011! :)
8) I will try to avoid scrapping sites or threads on forums that deal with "amazing sales" or "great deals" on scrapping products and instead focus my time on searching for inspiring blogs and other sites.
9) I will update my progress on my blog at a minimum of once every two weeks and discuss my obstacles and my accomplishments.
So this is going to be a very interesting year. I am going to need all the support and encouragement I can get!! But I am looking forward to this challenge and to RENEWING my supplies. I would love to hear any more suggetions and tips if you have them!
There is more to come about my word RENEW for 2010...
Speech Bubble Challenge with Allie Stewart
1 hour ago