Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sketchy Thurs. 2/25

I loved the simiplicity of this sketch. 


This photo was taken last week while we did our little vacation through San Antonio and Fredericksburg, TX.  We went to a few wineries and this was outside one that used to be an old mill.  Keith took this photo, andI didn't realize until after I saw it on the computer what a great setting it was.  The journaling on the page talks about how Charlotte has been quite the traveler already during her 9 1/2 months, having visited 16 states already!



During our day in Fredericksburg, we did some shopping in the town which had tons of cute boutiques and stores.  I found this store that sold quilting fabrics along with lots of other things and they had a bin of fabric scraps.  I LOVED the fabrics in there a bought a pile.  One of them I used on this LO below.  All the flourishes on thig page I cut from the fabric.  Usually I treat fabric with stiffener, but this time I didn't, and I opted to sew it right onto the page.  I did hold it down with a small piece of double sided tape while I sewed.  The original pattern had small circles inbetween the flousihes, so I mimiced that with some brads.  When was the last time you used brads??????  I haven't in a long time, so I am glad that I got to used them!
Oh, and the pin on the page actually fell out of a kit bag and fell close to that placement, so I added it in!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. I have been adding a bit of fabric to a couple of layouts recently as well. I love your take on this sketch.

Diana Fisher said...

Love this!! And that background paper is PERFECT for that picture! Love it all1!!

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

Super cute LO. Love all the sweet little touches.

Heather Lough said...

wow, that's an amazing layout Audrey. Such an adorable photo.

Rebekah said...

I love all the detail. How nice that you can include momentos of the trip on the LO too :)