Thursday, August 16, 2012

Another for Scrapbook Circle GDT and a challenge...

Scrapbook Circle kits are always so versatile.  I am REALLY enjoying working with everything in my kit for my pages this month as guest designer!

One of this months challenges is to use the American Crafts Shoreline papers, which are "summery/beachy" in nature, for a non-beachy layout. (Read about the challenge HERE).  Easy peasy! The navys and teals in this line are PERFECT for manly and boy pages.

I haven't done a page about my hubby in a long time.  He never lets me take photos of him.  But I had to on this particular day because he was doing an interview that we would later find out would change our lives.



Inspired by his suit, I stitched some parallel lines (like pin stripes) on the background, and used a herringbone stencil with some white paint.



I cut the navy circles out of the AC paper and to add some interest and texture, I frayed the edges by cutting inbetween each block on the edge.  Yes, it took forever.


The yellow strip on the "Hello my name is" die cut was already on there, so I picked up on the yellow and created a visual triangle by making the title yellow and the star, too!

While I was cutting out the navy circles in my layout, I had two sitting next to each other on the table and though how cute they would be as eyes. So I also created this owl card using the frayed circles, which I layered, and then added some brads in the middle.  I just cut the pattern free hand.  I love the way this came out!



Well I will have one more layout to share with you next week for Scrapbook Circle!!!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

I love these! Great layout and i am in love with that owl! Cute!!

Diana Waite said...

love the pinstripe on the page to mimic his suit--FANTASTIC! I love the card as well--GREAT job on the challenge!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love your layout!!! The stitching rules! Super cute card too!!!

Laurel Geisbush said...

These two turned out really great. I am impressed by the sewing all the way down your layout, you must have tons of patience. And the owl is sooooo cute! Love it!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! That was so clever to use those cut out circles for the owl!!!