Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stuck on Glitz Designs...2 peas and lake life

This weeks theme at Glitz Designs is all about using all the lovely varieties of Glitz stickers!  There are so so many to choose from!



Some of my favorite stickers are the Puffy Epoxy Stickers.  I love how this little stickers are just the right size, can add a little sentiment, plus have some dimension and shininess, too!  So I went to town with them....




Charlotte is a mini me.  Even my mother says so. Its the little things that I see that make me say shes just like me.  Like the time we were in the car and the radio was on and a Metallica song came on (Sanatarium) and she said, "I like that song mommy".  Or how every time she eats spinach she says, "mmmm.....YUM!" and means it.

I started by sticking a whole bunch of the epoxy stickers on a piece of white cardstock.  I tried to like up the stickers as much as I could to not show any white space.  I drew a heart shape on a separate sheet of paper so I could gaged how many stickers I needed and where I should put them.  Once I had all the stickers laid down and there was no white space left, I cut out the heart shape.  Then I inked the edges in black and glued it on a other piece of paper so that I could stitch a blue border around it with my machine.


On the background of my page, I used a stencil and some yellow and pink inks, which i blended a bit to make a bit of an orange.  Then I splattered with some bright blue mist.  All these colors are also in the sticker heart.


On the rest of the page, I just layered some papers, What Nots, washi, giant rhinestones, and a few other stickers here and there.





On this next page I started with a whole bunch of journaling stickers from various collections.  I chose ones that matched the colors of my photo, and then the yellows to add some contrast.


I have such bad cabin fever this year.  This is our first winter back in NY and I REALLY miss the sunshine of Texas.  But I do love the summers up here so much.  This is the dock at my parents cottage in the Finger Lakes...I grew up on this lake and we spend most of the summer there.  The lake has many moods and the days can be so different from one to the next.

I took the journaling stickers and cut the ends off of them and layered them on the bottom to create a border.  Then I added a title sticker from the "Uncharted Waters" collection.  On my background paper, I used some gesso and a stencil to create the dots.



I took the other ends of the stickers and trimmed them, too, to stick under my photo to create some nice layers and depth.



Stickers are for sure one of my favorite embellishments!

Thanks for stopping by today!

-Audrey Yeager

Supplies:

2 Peas in a Pod

Color Me Happy "Chalkboard" paper
Uncharted Waters "Anchors" paper
Uncharted Waters "Bits and Pieces" paper
Love You Madly "Herringbone" paper
Vintage Blue paper

Love You Madly Whatnots
Love You Madly Giant Rhinestones
Uncharted Waters washi tape-bokeh
Epoxy and Puffy Stickers from: Beautiful Dreamer, Vintage Blue, Dance in the Sunshine, Happy Travels, Yours Truly, Hello Friend, Cashmere Dame, Pretty in Pink
Other stickers from: Cashmere Dame, Hello Friend, Uncharted Waters Navy Alphas

Lake Life

Uncharted Waters "Scallop", "Anchors", "Bits & Pieces" and "Damask" papers
Love You Madly "Floral", "Hello", papers

Uncharted Waters Journaling and Title Stickers
Uncharted Waters Giant Rhinestones
Uncharted Waters washi-woodgrain
Yours Truly Journaling Stickers
Vintage Blue Epoxy Stickers
Love You Madly alphas-grey


6 comments:

MonaK2 said...

I just love your style! I "stalk" your blog regularly and wanted you to know!

Ashley Horton said...

Love both of these Audrey!! Awesome use of the Glitz!

Diana Waite said...

I really am liking your finishing touches on BOTH of these fantastic pages!

Tamika said...

That is so BANGIN' what you did with those epoxy stickers! Love it!!!

scrappymo! said...

Two great layouts...I think the second one just calls to me as i love the photo so much. I love what you did with cutting the journalling pieces in half...great idea!

Keri said...

Saw this layout somewhere else and LOVE it, Audrey! What a clever and awesome way to use those stickers, I'm definitely giving that a try.