Friday, June 14, 2013

Let's Take a DIP!

The water in the lakes is still really chilly in Mid-June, yet that didn't stop Charlotte from trying to jump on it! These photos were from last year, on this same date, and the water is MUCH colder this year still!

I used the "Atlantic" collection from Studio Calico for this page.  You should really check it out in the My Scraps & More store!  It is a really great summer/nautical line!  I based this page off of today's sketch at the My Scraps & More sketch blog.



On my background, I wanted a bit more color, so I painted a large yellow circle with some watered down mist.  Then I splattered some Navy and aqua mists.


I had a third photo that just wasn't working in the design of the page (I always have a hard time mixing up portrait and landscape photos on a layout!), so I decided just to tuck it behind the larger photo with a little tab and clothespin to pull out!




I fussy cut out the anchor from patterned paper and added some flair.  I also used a vellum garland from my stash (Crate Paper) and cut apart the stitched circles and glued them around the page here and there.


As you know, I am trying to use up bits of my stash, and the journaling card, flair, and garland all came from my piles!  Last week, I spent a few hours purging and reorganizing my stash so that the things I want to use are close and I can just flip through the bins to see what I want to use. LOVE that I am making myself do this!


Stay Scrappy My Friends!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Great page Audrey! I really love the idea of the watered down circle!

Diana Waite said...

this page is just aWESOME!!

Denise said...

Fantastic page Audrey.
really love this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...