Sunday, April 10, 2011

A late holiday and a crop...

Erica at Your Scrapbook Stash sent me some We R Memory Keepers papers to work with.  I got the Valentine's line and the Family line.  The great thing about the Valentine's line is that the colors are perfect for spring, too!  BUT I did have some Valentine's photos that I have had printed and just haven't scrapped yet, so it was perfect timing!



The We R line has cardstocks which are stitched with patterns and sayings along the edges...they are super super cute.   I cut the outside edge off to expose the design more and I used a black marker to highlight the words "True Love".

I cut out a large heart from scrap paper and used the negative as a spray template to mist the yellow heart.  I then stitched around it with black thread. 

I was so mad cause I got a little mist on the left side of the cardstock.  So I tried to cover it up with white paint, and the whites didn't match!!  UGH!  So I decided to spread some paint on some other areas to try and balance it out.  I'd like to say this was a happy accident, but I wasn't happy about it, even though it turned out OK.


On this next page, I was inspired to use the die cut paper, and just loved these colors.  I chose to use a dark brown background because my mom and Charlotte were making Chocolate pudding!


 I traced the other half of the paper with a pencil and then stitched around the edges. 



I added a few simple circles for embellies and that was it!  I used this page for a crop that is going on this weekend at Citrus Tree Studios (where I guest designed back in October).  It has been a lot of fun, and I've got three more pages to share tomorrow!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

I'm LOVING all of the stitching!! these papers look FABULOUS and so fun that you have Valentine pictures with your family that you can scrap! I think I took 2.