Friday, June 8, 2012

FINALLY! Scrapp'n cause I want to....some MME

I am just finishing up with 2 more DT terms, which now brings me back down to only 2...and it feels SO good! I am also taking a break from teaching classes at my LSS, so I have a LOT of time to work on things just for me.

I got the MME Indie Chic line a few weeks ago and I just love the muted colors in it.  I don't have nearly as many pages of Kyler at this age as I did Charlotte, so I decided I need to give my little guy some special pages!





I based my page around the die cut title that says "My Boy".  I went with a blue and yellow combo (cause that's all boy!) and did some fussy cutting of the diamond shaped paper.


I also got some of the washi tapes (which I am LOVING right now) and I just layered them and overlapped them, but I didn't want them to lay flat so I crumpled them a little to add some texture.
I lightly stamped some circle shapes with Versamark (which are hard to see),  and then did some angled machine stitching.


This next page I did based on a sketch challenge at My Scraps & More for the "Got Talent" contest.  I love Kristine Davidson's sketches, and this is one of hers.

I really love this page.




I used some more washi and also did some more fussy cutting of the star bursts.  Because my photo was so small, I wanted it to stand out a bit more so I used a stencil and white paint to create a background for it.



More stamping with some circle stamps and a few pre-stitched banner pieces at the top.

This little guy has been SO BAD about putting ANYTHING and EVERYTHING into his mouth.  It is getting quite scary and I can't take my eyes off of him for a second!  I'm surprise he even has toes left.....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Layouts! Love your use of the washi tape!

Christa said...

Audrey! These are stunning. That crumpled washi tape and the painted stencil. I am alwasys inspired when I come see your blog!

Diana Waite said...

these are BEAUTIFUL! Love the washi treatments--good luck with some time off--and my baby used to put EVERYTHING in his mouth--drove me crazy!

Cathy said...

awesome layouts..love what you did with washi tape and he is so dang cute!