Monday, June 4, 2012

June Edition of "The Paper Cut" magazine! GCD Studios

Can you believe it is June already?  The June edition of "The Paper Cut" from GCD Studios has been released!!  I can honestly say, I have never seen a manufacturer's magazine like this one.  It is so beautifully put together and the pages and projects in there will just WOW you!!!



I decided to alter this months sketch be changing it from a single page to a double page spread so that I could add larger photos so you can see the details.




I kept the layout pretty much the same, but added another column for another photo.  I also switched where the title and journaling went and added the journaling under the main photo.




To accent the main photo, I machine stitched on the photo itself, creating a border on the inside.



The accents I cut on my Cricut from some free cutting files I found on the internet.  I created some “tendrils” by cutting very very thin strips of paper, wetting them, and curling them around a pencil to give them some shape. Once dry, they retain the curled shape.

When we went berry picking back in April, Charlotte did very good about picking berries that were good to eat (and not covered with bugs)!  However, as her bag got fuller, she was dragging it on the ground.  By the time we got back to the register to check out, the bag was pretty much mush! :)  The lady didn't even charge us for them!  We went home and turned them into a yummy sauce for ice cream!

Supplies:
Papers-GCD Studios: Country Charm  “Picnic Basket” #1509,  Country Charm “Weekend Fun” # 1515, Country Charm “HandyCraft” #1508, Country Charm “Strawberry Jam” #1510, Bonjour “Bouquet” #1535. Punches: EK Success. Mist: Tattered Angels. Chipboard Alphas: American Crafts. Stickers: Jillibean Soup

4 comments:

glorygirl said...

Love how you stretched the sketch into a two pager. It's adorable!

Diana Waite said...

this is GREAT--I really like those strawberries--so TOTALLY fun!

Karenladd said...

I always love your layouts, but this one really caught my eye. The fun colors, the patterns and your adorable photos!! WOW!

Amy Pitts said...

I love this sketch I need to try it. Even more I love what you have done with the sketch and how you changed it up for bigger photo's and making it a two pager. Stunning.