Monday, June 25, 2012

Triangles and Glitz and I love the men in my life!

This months blog challenge at Glitz Design is of course to celebrate the men in your life.


It isn't often that I can get photos of my hubby, and when I do, he is usually not looking at the camera and is with one of the kids.  So I will take what I can get!  Here is a layout about my special guys....




 I have been into a "triangle" kick lately and I decided I want to use them on both layouts this month.  On this first page about my guys, I used some large scraps of papers as masks to create triangles in a ray formation.  I first covered my background with a bit of white paint (because the mist sticks to it differently than when you just spray directly on paper).  I marked a center point of my ray burst in the top left corner of my page, and then lined up two pieces of scrap paper to create a triangle.  I misted with two different colors of mist-one a teal blue and the other a greenish-blue.



I added some strips of paper and some stitching to some of the rays.  I did some simple embellishing with What-Nots and some Epoxy Stickers.

This next page is one of my favorites of late.  I wanted to do a twist on the traditional 'banner', so I just hand cut out a bunch of triangles and scattered them on the page in a falling pattern.  I machine stitched across the top of each triangle.




The orange and red papers I pulled from the old Olivia collection from Glitz (circa 2009, I think).  I did a recent purge of my papers and found these and thought they would go perfect with the red and orange theme of my daughters birthday (red and orange for Elmo, of course).


I added just a few embellishments and papers around my photo to help draw your eye to that area of the page. 

 




Supplies:
Daddy Smooch
Glitz Designs Papers: "Pretty In Pink", "Vintage Blue", "Laced with Grace",
Glitz Design Peek A Boos: "Beautiful Dreamer", "French Kiss"
Glitz Design Paper Layers: "Happy Travels"
Glitz Design Journaling Stickers: "Pretty In Pink"
Epoxy Stickers: "French Kiss", "Happy Travels"
Mists: Studio Calico


All She Wanted
Glitz Design Papers: "Pretty In Pink", "Happy Travels", "Olivia"
Glitz Design Epoxy Stickers-"Happy Travels", "Pretty in Pink"
Glitz Design Peek A Boos "Happy Travels"
Glitz Design Layered Stickers-"French Kiss", "Happy Travels"
Glitz Designs Teeny Alphas Pink

Other: White Paint, Stencil (Crafter's Workshop), Mists-Tattered Angels, Maya Road









8 comments:

Unknown said...

love love love the scattered banner.

Alicia S. said...

I love these two! We were sad to see you weren't going to be teaching this quarter! We have finally settled into the house and are ready to get back into scrapbooking! Miss you!

Katrina Hunt said...

These are wonderful Audrey!!! I LOVE the Wanted page!! Hugs, Katrina

Diana Waite said...

WOW these are AMAZING Audrey! love the rays and the scattered banner--AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! AMAZING!!!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love love love love these layouts! They're amazing!

Lea L. said...

Awesome layouts, girl!! Super fun!!

Karenladd said...

Whoa....! I love your first layout (using triangles for masks with misting is a wonderful effect), but then I see your second layout and my jaw drops! Those stitched triangles on the layout are so unique and incredible looking! Your style rocks!