Friday, April 5, 2013

Waiting for Spring and playing on the porch...(and a winner)

I owe you a winner from last weeks' Glitz Designs Blog Hop!  And here she is:

Congrats Margie!  Please contact me at my address in the "About Me" tab with your address and I will send your prize out to you!


It's been so cold here in NY this spring, and my kiddos have been itching to get outside. We had a "warmer" day (and i mean a day above 32 degrees! :) ) and the sun was out which warmed up our sun porch. So we went on the porch and played for a while!  They got out the wagon and took turns pulling each other around.

I used today's sketch from the My Scraps & More Sketch blog, which you can find HERE!




I am so in love with the colors in the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm line!  The mint, navy, bright coral, sunshine, and pink and just an awesome combination! Here it is in the store: AC Dear Lizzy

I cut apart the chevron paper into smaller bits and then stitched down the centers.  I scattered them around the page to draw attention to different areas.  I also have a Crate Paper Maggie Holmes fabric frame in the background here:



I splattered some mists on the background, and then cut some strips of paper for the bottom of the page. I also used some rub-ons, chipboard, die cuts, and stickers from this collection, too!


Hope spring is coming our way, soon!
Stay scrappy my friends!


9 comments:

Margie said...

Woo Hoo! Off to email you now!

Margie said...

P.S. Got excited, this LO is gorgeous, too! Great work!

Jennifer Shaw said...

A beautiful LO! Love how you used the chevrons!

orange gearle said...

This is awesome! You should link it up at Scrap Your Story. We are all about spring this week!

Diana Waite said...

I love how you made the paper into arrows and the cut strips behind that layer are just AWESOME!

Sheila said...

Love your little sewn arrows~ I have those paper lines, and I can't wait to dig into them!

Julie Bonner said...

Adorable page Audrey!!

Unknown said...

All of those paper strips look really cool. Try to stay warm!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I noticed a very eclectic look to this.....I like it a lot!