Friday, April 12, 2013

An Easter (2012) Mini

Hello everyone! I wanted to share a project that I recently made for Basically Bare.  It's a little mini  about an Easter event that I took my kids to last year. Yes, I am scrapping last year's photos! (When a particular "season" rolls around, I like to look at my photos from the year before and scrap them!)



I started with a Pocket album, and took it apart to cover the pages and stitch on the pages.The design on each page is fairly simple: a piece of patterned paper on one edge, a 2nd piece punched with flower shapes on the other, and a striped piece down the seam of the 2. I machine stitched around the edge of each page, too.


 Then I cut a doily with my electronic die cutting machine and placed it on each page. I just added some photos and some simple flowers and stickers here and there. The journaling is on a tab in the back of the album.













For the cover, I covered it with patterned paper and then with a piece of lace. Then I splattered it with paint. I layered some stickers, fussy cut patterned papers, buttons, and twine.






This album was also featured in the latest edition of Paper Haus magazine, which you can see HERE!
Stay Scrappy my friends!


2 comments:

Jennifer Shaw said...

A beautiful album. Love how you kept the design cohesive.

orange gearle said...

This is adorable!