Monday, November 18, 2013

Turning 2...a sketch by ME!

Yes, his birthday is in July.  Yes, I just got to this page a few months ago.  Yes, I'm just posting it now!   I was saving this Crate Paper Party Day line for this specific event...Kyler's 2nd B-day!  I knew it would be full of bright colors and lots of smiles, so the photos and papers go perfectly together!




For a while now, I have been designing sketches for My Scraps & More on the sketch blog every few months or so.  And this page is based off of the sketch below that I created.  Sometimes I do a sketch first, then create the page, as is the case for this layout.  Other times I do a page and like the design that I create a sketch from it.



Did you know I have a lot more sketches under my "sketch" tab above?  Just click HERE.

Anyways, here is some info about my page.  I started by hand stitching the circles with black embroidery thread and splattering some mist on the background.  I layered some stickers under my papers and photo for journaling.




I love the printed vellum that came with this line and used it and some paper to create a fun banner.  I added some stickers and another chipboard piece to make it even more fun!  I love how you can see the stitched circle through the vellum!


The one candle is printed on this tag, so I added another chipboard one to make TWO of them!  And see those blue dots?  Those are some puffy dots I made from fabric paint!  You can see a quick video of how I made them HERE, or just look under my "tutorials" tab above!




Thanks for coming by today!

Stay Scrappy my Friends!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

What a fun page Audrey!! I am loving it!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Everything about this is wonderfully creative and cute - the sketch and the layout both!