Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Grow some Yum! Just Nick Studios!

When I saw the Fancy Floral design in the Just Nick store, I thought it would look awesome done with Sketch Pens on the Silhouette!





I wanted to experiment a bit to see how the pens would do over layers of paper, and here is the result:



We added new garden beds to out yard last year and we had pretty good success with all the veggies that we grew!  The kids loved picking them when it was time!  These zucchini were HUGE!

I layered some papers on the background and made sure to measure where they were on the page.  In the Silhouette Design Studio, I added my file to the same area on the page and then ran the layout with the papers glued on through my machine with the pens.


I have to say that I am surprised at how well it came out!  One thing I noticed, however, is that on the third layer of paper, there are some spots where the pen dragged a bit because the layer was too thick.  But it is hard to notice with this particular design.




If you don't have sketch pens yet, you should really try them out!



Papers and embellies are from Echo Park "Homegrown" and Basic Grey "Sunkissed".


Stay scrappy my friends!

No comments: