Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chevrons and Hexagons, and Amy Tan for my LSS!!!

This month for my classes at Scrappn' Savvy (my LSS), we are going to be using the Amy Tan line by American Crafts!  Although we don't have the entire line in the store, I still love the bits and pieces that I got to work with!

At Practical Scrappers today, there is a feature post about the trend of using hexagons and chevron prints on layouts.  I LOVE this chevron printed FABRIC paper in the Amy Tan collection!


The filmstrip element I printed off the internet, then cut the frames out and backed it with a transparency! I love the way it came out! I added this element in for a challenge at Scrapdango this month.

 (don't know what's up with these wonky colors.....)


I also used some polka dot fabric paper, too!  I die cut the title area with my Big Shot and then hand stitched around the outside in orange thread.



This next page is also for my class and based on a challenge at Scrapdango, too!  The Amy Tan line has these adorable little leaves that I stitched onto my page with bright pink thread.



It's hard to tell, but I stamped a few more flourishes on the page to make it flow across the page.



I also love how I did the title on this one, too!


And last but not least, we are doing this page that I posted a few weeks ago!



My class in this Thursday, and even if you can make it to class, call and sign up for a kit!!!  The store phone is 281-288-7289.  There are only 5 left!!!  THANKS!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

WOW!! these pages are AMAZING!! I really like the sewn on leaves--just GORGEOUS!!