Monday, September 19, 2011

NEW Glitz Designs Release!!!!

Today I get to share some more layouts with some NEW and old Glitz goodness.

I loved the warm tones of this photo of my daughter, so I wanted to highlight that with the same color combo on my page, with a few hints of black and white.  (The title of my page has to do with the fact that I can always tell that the wheels in her head are "spinning", and she is calculating and thinking how to get away with things!  :)  )



The golden yellow paper didn't have much pattern in it, so I stamped lightly with a notebook pattern stamp and a postage pattern stamp in black and brown.



To create the tears in my page, I laid out where I wanted my photo, and then just sliced a few lines around it with an exacto knife to start the tears.  I then folded and rolled by the slits to expose another piece of patterned paper beneath.


I made the flowers using a paper rose tutorial much like THIS ONE, but with different punches.  I added a bit of stickles to give them some sparkle.



On Wednesday of last week, I got an AWESOME package on my doorstep!  A huge box of new Glitz Designs latest releases!  They are all so absolutely beautiful!


I have been saving these photos specifically to use on a page with the Beautiful Dreamer line, but I used a lot of the blues and yellows from the Vintage Blue line, too.  So many of the phrase and sayings in these lines are gonna be perfect for all my baby photos and photos of my little girl. On the journaling tag, the writing area was a bit darker, so instead I printed my journaling on vellum and cut it to fit inside the tag.






Thanks for joining me today!  I can't wait to dig into some more of the new goodies!!!


Supplies:

Spinning
Glitz Designs Patterend Papers from "Love Games"
Glitz Designs Cardstock Title stickers "Laced with Grace"
Gllitz Designs Peek-A-Boos "Laced with Grace"
Glitz Designs Cardstock Journaling Stickers "Love Games"

Dream Every Single Day
Glitz Designs Papers: Vintage Blue "Motif", "Polka", "Rose", "Stripe"
Glitz Designs Papers: Beautiful Dream "Polka".
Glitz Designs Journaling Stickers "Vintage Blue"
Glitz Designs Epozy Stickers "Vintage Blue"
Glitz Designs Trims "Vintage Blue"
Glitz Designs Glitzers "Vintage Blue"
Glitz Designs Whatnots "Beautiful Dreamer"
Glitz Designs Peek-a-Boos "Vintage Blue"
Glitz Designs Epoxy Sticker "Beautiful Dreamer"
Other: Punch-Fiskars; Ink-Ranger; thread

5 comments:

Diana Waite said...

these layouts are GORGEOUS! love how you peeled the paper--AWESOME!

Mitralee said...

Those torn pieces are a great idea! Loved both pages! Love Glitz!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, I sooo love Glitz! You created some real magic here. Especially like the paper tears .. I have not done that in a while .. thanks for the inspiration to try it again. Hope that babe is doing well!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

These are both gorgeous Audrey! tfs!!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome! i love how you tore the paper to show the paper underneath!