Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh shoot! Apple Juice....Sketchy Thursdays reveal

The story goes like this....on our way home from the grocery store one day, I realized I had forgotten apple juice.  And outloud I said "Oh shoot, Apple Juice!".  Oh course there were little ears in the back seat, and then she repeated "Oh shoot, apple juice".  Since then everything is "oh shoot!  Apple Juice".  Charlotte loves to play grocery store and if you ask her what she is going to buy, she says "apple juice".  If you asked her what she wants to drink: apple juice.  And then while playing grocery store, she will spontanelously look up with a surprised expression and say "Oh Shoot!  Apple Juice!"

I used this weeks sketch by Sketchy Thursdays


I am so in love with all the new Crate Paper lines!!!  I have been working with them like crazy for a class at my LSS.  The farmhouse line was perfect for this page.  I also added an apple from last years back to school line.




The brown background paper had a cross stitch pattern vibe to it, so I decided that I wanted to cross stitch on the page.  I used a paper piercer to punch holes in the hearts on the bottom and then I crossed stitched it with a single ply of floss.  I also hand stitched the circle around the apple and the zig zags on the top of the photo.

The first of the month is coming up which means lots of reveals, and I can't wait to share!


3 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Great story! Love it! :) And that page is fab!

Diana Waite said...

what a CUTE story and I LOOOVE what you did with this paper!

sophie said...

oh I love what you did woth these papers!! I am so in love with crate paper too! and your cross stitching is sooooo cute!!