Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays-You and Me, and Memorable Seasons reveal!

Finally getting back on track with Sketchy Thursdays!  Things are starting to smooth out around here!  :)

I used my Sept. kit from Memorable Seasons which includes papers from Echo Park Victoria Gardens!  As usual, I stuck to the sketch quite closely...



This is a photo of my Dad and Charlotte outside of a church where we go for a pancake breakfast on the first saturday of the month.  I love the angle of this photo!  I was not the photographer on this one...my mom took this photo...


Instead of fussy cutting these flowers out of the patterned paper, I used the stickers on the sticker sheet...saved me a ton of time!  :)  I pleated the music not paper and then stitched across the top.

The little bits in the top corner came from the journaling cards sheet of paper.  I like to pair a graphic/geometric pattern with the more floral prints.



I did two other pages with my kit from Memorable Seasons.


On this page, I used the text print paper, but I cut it out into squares and distressed each square. Then I arranged the squares into a rectangle and placed my photo on top.



I cut out the doilies from the doily print paper nad layered them and added a button and some twine.  The smaller one are stickers from the sticker sheet which I pop-dotted off the page.


I love some of the phrase stickers on the sticker sheet....perfect for my theme!!  :)



Lastly, since the paper in this kit are very flowery, I wanted to try and create a page that wasn't.  So I decided that less is more and went with a very simple design.  I was actually inspired by an ad challenge on the Memorable Seasons MB for this design.

Whoever coined the phrase "sleeps like a baby" abviously never had an infant in their home!  :)   My little guy was up every few hours and was not taking long sleeps at all!  I am happy to report that we are doing much better....he is actually going right back to sleep after his night time feedings now instead of staying awake wide-eyed and looking at all the fun shadows at night!  :)



I used some of the new Bazzill "Two Scoops" cardstock which has a different colored core.  I sanded the dots on the black CS to make them stand out a bit more, and I tore the top edge of the photo mat to reveal the core, too.


Speaking of Bazzill, I have an exciting exciting new venture brewing!  I can't wait to share!  :)  Here's a hint...it has to do with quilts and fish.....:)

6 comments:

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL work--love all this Echo Park you used!

Mara Campbell said...

I love love all the misting you used on your pages. It add such a beautiful detail!!

Dawn said...

Great layouts. I love the musical note paper.

Lesli said...

Amazing pages and elements - I can't wait to play with the sketch!

yyam said...

These are gorgeous Audrey! Love how you mix the geometric with the florals - really lovely!

The new venture with Bazzill sounds very exciting!!!!:)

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely scrumptious, Audrey! So many beautiful colors, elements, and designs!