Tuesday, February 14, 2012

4 to share about love....

Well I am behind on posting, so this post has 4 pages that I have created for things the past week!

This first page I want to share I created for Round 5 of the layout contest at Practical Scrappers!  I made it into the top 5 out of 120 submission, so THANK YOU so much for those that have voted for me!

On this page we had to include the color red, 5 hearts, and something that we "love".  Easy enough!

I actually raided my scrap stash for some red papers and found these ones by Basic Grey, Crate, and Daisy D's (remember them?).  I wanted a contrasting color so I added in a bit of teal.  I also used some old Lily Bee and Pink Paislee Rubons.


I did a lot of heart punching, and chipboard layering and machine stitching.





This next page is a scraplift of the Member of the Month at Memorable Seasons.  This month we lifted Dria!!!    Head over to her gallery, lift one of her pages, and enter it for the monthly prize drawing!

I misted a Fancy Pants filter paper flower with some "peacock" chalkboard mist from Tattered Angels to match some of the other blue accents.

These two kiddos are really starting to interact with each other so much!  Kyler is just enamored by all that Charlotte does, and she is so attentive to him.




My page is based on this layout by Dria. I stuck to her colors scheme, somewhat, and the layout (but turned 90 degrees).




Next up are two more pages with the February kit from Birds of a Feather.  It is mostly pink, and reds, and browns, but there are a few accent colors, and yellow happens to be one of them.  I love the yellow and red mix.  I balanced the red in my photos with some other red elements.  The journaling is actually tucked into one of the self adhesive clear pockets by Karen Foster Designs. I LOVE these pockets.  I have plans for some of the other ones that I didn't use yet...

Kyler is so so ticklish!  He has a few spots that just make him squeal!  On this particular day, daddy was tickling him so much his eyes were watering and he just had the funniest expressions!

Pin It



This kit also comes with some border pieces that have ribbon and other elements already on them!  Very cool product from BG.



And lastly, I took this photo of Charlotte at the playground with these stretchy jeans that she has and this plastic bling-y necklace that she was wearing.  It was funny to watch her play in the dirt and mulch in this outfit!  I hope she always loves to play hard!


Pin It


I made the flower by cutting out some hearts from the BG patterned paper.  I layered lots of papers and machine stitched around their edges.


I have been working on my project life and so far so good.  I really need to get used to the whole thing, but I am going to just stick with my basic plan for now and make small changes as I go along.

5 comments:

Mitralee said...

Wow! All that loveliness in one post! Really enjoyed your pages! Such talent!

Diana Waite said...

you realize you are killing me with all of this cuteness! Love them all--I'm impressed 4 layouts is AWESOME!

glorygirl said...

Wow! Stellar layouts! Super hard to choose a fave!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Hi, Audrey...nice to meet you and work with you on the Paper Issues' Team!

Shellye McDaniel said...

Beautiful layouts, Audrey! Love your blog and glad to have you as a part of the Paper Issues team :) I'll be seeing you!