Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Touched...Link with Love..

This week at Practical Scrappers, we have decided to focus on linking with love.  Lately it seems like I have see so many issues with people "lifting" other people's work or uses sketches and not giving credit where credit is due.  I decided that although I can't change other peoples actions, I can change my own, and I will be SURE to always give proper credit when I can.  I hope you will, too!

So my page today is actually based on a lot of different sources of inspiration.  I used my kit from Memorable Seasons this month featuring Create Paper's "Paper Heart" collection.


Pin It


My first source of inspiration was a color combo from Design Seeds.  Since we are having a "Leap" year crop at MS, this photo was perfect for a color combo challenge!  :)



I also used a sketch from Creative Scrappers, #192.



As far as technique goes, lately I have been really inspired by Jen Jockish.  I just love love LOVE her style!  One of my favorite things that she does is use a cut shape or punch and then uses the negative, too.  I have been using that concept on my pages a lot lately....


And then for my own spins:



I cut some tag shapes out with my Cricut and punched holes and added twine.


Something I haven't done in a while but wanted to try again was embossing patterned paper.  So I cut the scalloped circle shapes with a die, first, then embossed with a Tim Holtz pattern.  Love how these circles came out!  And true to MY style, I did some machine stitching and paint splattering, too.



Lastly, I layered some chipboard pieces and some more punched shapes to add some dimension.

I encourage you to get the "Link With Love" badge from their website and go read a little bit about the ideas there.  Also, be sure to "like" them on FB!

Stay tuned this weekend for a Practical Scrappers BLOG HOP with a small prize from me!

7 comments:

Jenny Evans said...

Love, love, love this, Audrey!! Gorgeous page!! :)

Cathy said...

I love this page! the photos are so sweet!

Nancy Wyatt said...

BEautiful as always Audrey! Had to pin it! And I love that you shared and link to where some of your inspiration comes from! Hugs from Conroe, TX

Diana Waite said...

this is AMAZING! Love all the little touches--and I agree Jen Jockisch is a TOTAL inspiration! I agree there seems to be a lot of problems of lifting and not sourcing..like to be honest as well....

Random Memories said...

I love your page! I voted for all of your layouts on Practical Scrappers!!! Thanks for sharing!

Diana Fisher said...

This is lovely! And such cute pictures, too! :)

Tessa Buys said...

LOVE what you did with the colors! So pretty!