Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blog Makeover and a LOVE Mini!

So what do you think of the new blog header? It was time for an update, for sure! The old one was a year and a half old at least! I used a lot of Amy Tan goodies and some of my fav colors together including lime green, sky blue and orange with bright pink accents! I also added a new profile pic since the other one was prob at least 4 years old!

I am following along with Alissa (who I found at Cocoa Daisy) as she does her "29 Things I Love" this month. Since I just got the WONDERFUL Scrapbook Circle January Kit featuring a whole bunch of Valentines and love goodies, I thought I would put it to use on a mini! Each day Alissa provides a prompt and you just write about how/why you love it. I am even using some old photos for the pictures which takes a lot of the pressure off of taking a picture every day! I love it!

Pin It



I used a old chipboard tabbed album front and back (old Fancy Pants, maybe?) that I found in my stash. I measures about 3 1/2x6". I cut inside pages from the patterned paper just a bit smaller and on each page and the covers I splattered some blue and black and white paint and then used a stencil to do some painting, too, on some of the pages. I bound them all in the top left corner with a ring.



The layout on each page is pretty simple: a 2.5" square photo, a little fussy cut thought balloon for journaling (cut from patterned paper in the SBC kit), and a few embellishments here and there.




I am really loving how this is coming along and I can't wait to have it all complete. I will update with more pages in a week or two!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your new blog header looks great! I love that you create it our of scrappy goodies. Your mini is looking really great. Love the idea of journaling about something you love each day this month.

Kellie said...

The blog header is amazing, I love it! And your mini is just gorgeous!

alissa said...

i love your mini!
it's coming along beautifully!
alissa

Kelly English said...

Love the mini, love your blog! And, a big congrats on being published in CK!! I immediately recognized your daughter when I saw your layout in the magazine! Too cute!

Nancy Wyatt said...

Beautiful!

Diana Fisher said...

Love your new head shot for you blogger profile! And, I have to say that your You Are My Favorite page is the best! I say that to Nate every day when I leave for work. I hug and kiss him, then tell him that he is my favorite. :)

Diana Waite said...

okay this little album is GORGEOUS! What a FABULOUS idea--29 things I love!

Rebecca Keppel said...

What a sweet mini album! Love it!

Paper Issues said...

Audrey! This is so awesome! Thank you for sharing it with us at Paper Issues! We featured you today: http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/02/things-i-love.html

curlyqmosaics said...

This is fantastic! I can't wait to see more pages! I love the pics and all the fun details! TFS!

Gwen Lafleur said...

I love your album! I can't wait to see the whole thing :)