Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Corrugated Cardboard..Practical Scrappers..

Today's feature at Practical Scrappers is all about using corrugated or crimped elements on your page. So I challenged myself to dig out some corrugated pieces I had and I created this fun page using other supplies from the Scrapbook Circle December kit.



Our cat, Abu absolutely ADORES the kids.  He lays next to them and plays with their toys.  He has NEVER scratched or nipped at anyone.  Charlotte tugs on him and carries him around like a stuffed animal.

The first month or two after Kyler was born, when I would get up for the night feedings, the cat would lay at my feet.  I have even woken up a few times to get the baby and the cat would be sitting outside the baby's door waiting.  He is just amazing.

Anyways, I painted the Jillibean cardboard pieces with some Ranger paint daubers...these are the only colors I have except white and silver, so this is the color palette I chose!  :)




I used some of the Lily Bee journaling tab cards to mat my photos and some other Jillibean die cuts.
Did you know that you can punch these shapes?  I tried it and it worked perfectly!  A bit of a tight fit in the punch, but I still worked!

I also want to give a link to a OLD TUTORIAL that I did using some cardboard pieces a LONG time ago.  It involves the steps below....check it out for a bit more detail!






And on another note, I need to tackle this pile of layouts this week!!! There's got to be at least 100....Do you do this, too, or are you good about putting them away???




Thanks for stopping by!!!!!

7 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

I love the colors you used to alter the corrugated pieces and that is a great idea to use scrap pieces to stamp with! I will definitely try that!! I used to be fanatical about putting my layouts in albums, but I've been doing so many lately for DT stuff that I probably have a stack of about 30 that haven't been added to books!! :)

Laura C said...

LOL Audrey - My stack is probably that high too! And I have the albums for them - just haven't take the time to assemble.

Love what you did with corrugated pieces

Diana Waite said...

LOVE your takes on the corrugated challenge! And YES I have stacks of layouts just like that!

Jenny Evans said...

Love your layout, Audrey! Love the colors and the design!

Diana Fisher said...

Wow! Awesome pages!! So creative and love the genius ideas! I always put my layouts away, but they are on 'S' hooks in my closet so it is super easy.

Unknown said...

Loving all of those layered frames. And the painting on the second layout is so cool Yes, I also have stacks of LO too. Maybe I'll put them away someday. :)

Alicia S. said...

When I packed away my craftroom I had two big boxes of layouts like that! You're not alone! :)