Friday, April 8, 2011

Enjoy this day...

Here's another one I whipped up with the new Fancy Pants line for my class at Scrapp'n' Savvy April 19th. I got the papers from YSS.

I just LOVE LOVE these photos of my mom and dad at the arboretum we went to last week.  The colors of their shirts against the colors of the flowers are just so lovely!



When I started this page, I knew I wanted to try a different type of design and have my photos flush with the edge of the page for a change.  I stitched around them to make them stand out a bit more.

For my background, I used this new stamp I got at my LSS which has a crackle pattern.  I just used VersaMark on kraft cardstock and I love how it turned out! 


I also did some little punches here and there.  I love using punches and really want to use them more to layer elements.


I am not much of a flower maker, but I wanted to make something that resembeled an azalea (which are in the photos).  And this is what I got.  It isn't the best, but I like it.  The yellow stamens I found at Michaels in the baking secion of all places.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pops of pink to resemble the azaleas and that crackle stamp is incredible!

Diana Waite said...

I REALLY like those flowers!!! and what CUTE pictures of your parents! :)

Mel said...

Very pretty page! Your parents are such a beautiful couple:)

Donna said...

what a pretty, pretty page. cool flowers and how adorable your parents are.

Alicia S. said...

Fun! I can't wait to make this layout in class!