Friday, July 1, 2011

My first Memorable Seasons reveal! Echo Park SPLASH!

I am so excited to be working for Memorable Seasons online store!!!!   Jill always has THE BEST sales, and the community has always been one of my favorites!

She sent me these wonderful things to play with this month:



Of course with the SPLASH theme I had to do a page about our recent trip to the community pool.  We have lived here for 4 years, and have NEVER BEEN!  It's partially because we have our own pool, and we didn't have kids before Charlotte.  The community pool is like a water splash park and Charlotte had a BLAST!  I had so many photos, I had to do a two pager...



I cut up a bunch of the journaling cards paper and used them on my page.  I also cut the wave pattern paper to move across the layout.  These colors were perfect for these photos!  There are little dots of blue Stickles here and there, too...

Next I did this page of one of the fun things we do during the summer in NY!  Take boat rides on this little fishing boat, which we all love so much! 

Th navy of the water in the photos went so well with the teals and greens of the Dots & Stripes papers! 




I colored in the center of some of my alphas to make them stand out a bit more.

I fussy cut a whole bunch of fish and hand cut the seaweed out of the green paper.  The red elements are in a visual triangle which moves your eye across the page


I added a lot of white stitching up and down the page to make it look like water, and I also scattered a whole bunch of buttons and little bits of blue Stickles here and there.


Next up I made this little card that I just LOVE, even though we aren't having a pool party anytime soon (that I know of anyways!).

The colors on the banner strips were so bright and such a great combo, I really wanted to use it.  And it matched the colors in the crab, too!

The crab is on a journaling card which is mounted inside the card, and then I punched a circle in the front so you can see him.  He holds a little umbrella that I cut from the patterned paper and folded to make 3D.



Lastly, I always try to challenge myself to use themed paper for a page that is totally unrelated to the theme.  I was able to do so with these papers!  I love that Charlotte calls herself "Sha Sha"...everyone has started calling her that, now!




I cut some strips of the green Dots & Strips paper and punched them with different punches for the grass.  The orange card is from the Journaling cards in the Splash collection.


The sunshine I made by sprialing some pom pom trim and then I added some of the "umbrellas" paper in the center with a bit of bling.  The clouds in the background I painted with my paint daubbers (my new favorite product!) and then machine stitched over them.  The cloud in front is cut from one of the journaling card.


Lastly, I used some of the striped papers and the pink paper to make some accordian flowers.  A few punched pieces and buttons are in the centers, and I pleated some ribbons for the stems and leaves.


Wasn't this kit so fun????  I really loved it!  OK, well that is EIGHT projects posted in 2 days....I'm tired....more coming up on SUNDAY!!

3 comments:

Diana Waite said...

how cool is this--you get to play with Echo Park--GREAT creations!

scrapinbabygal said...

AMAZING!!! I love your 2pger and the boat layout with all the fabulous details!!

runzalot81 said...

That is so cute! My little guy's name is Chance and it took me a long time to figure out that he was calling himself "Chee." Congrats on the Glitz Design DT! I love Glitz Design! New follower.