Monday, June 17, 2013

Give Yourself a Lift...Year 4...GCD Studios "Paper Cut", too...

Winner for the Paper Haus blog hop at the bottom!

So I started a yearly tradition right before Charlotte's birthday (which is May 16th).  I take a photo a few weeks before and create a layout called "almost ___" with her new age in the blank.  I write about what she is into and what she is like at this time in her life.  I use the same design for each page every year, with twists. You can see my previous years here 2012, here 2011, and here 2010. So basically, I lift myself from year to year.


This year I decided to use the GCD Studios "Special Delivery" collection.  It is a very masculine themed line, but there is an easy way to make any boyish papers look girly: turn them into flowers!  :)


I moistened paper strips and then twisted them and rolled them into flower shapes on some Glubers.  Once dry, I added some Stickles around the edges to give them some sparkle.


I layered some border strips and some more fussy cut flowers.


 Around the edge of my large circle, I doodled a scalloped edge and machine stitched with black thread along the inside of the circle.  Another way to make boyish papers look girly is to punch butterflies or doilies out of them.  I splattered with some inks, cut some clouds from white cardstock and inked the edges, and that's about it!


If you would like to see this layout and more amazing pages and projects, you MUST read the latest edition of "The Paper Cut' by GCD Studios.


And just for fun, here are the other 3 pages I have completed over the past couple of years:




I also owe you a WINNER from the Paper Haus blog hop:

it's JANIS who said:



Blogger Janis said...
This is just sooooo cute!! I esp love the swimsuits hanging on the line to dry for the next day.

Hoping to follow you by email if you consider adding that option to your page.
June 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
 Delete





Stay Scrappy My Friends!

3 comments:

Christa said...

Audrey! I missed you for this months IE reveal so I wanted to be sure to come by and get my Audrey 'fix' anyways! I adore your work and those glittery pressed/rolled flowers are amazing. (I love the red design too of course ) I'll be back soon!

Katrina Hunt said...

Seriously girl, you kill me!!! LOVE how you doodle on your pages...I need to get brave! Hugs, Katrina

Janis said...

EEEEK!!! I just saw this. I am emailing you with my info right now. I hope it is not too late. THANK YOU soooooo much!!!