Saturday, October 2, 2010

Beware of Drooling Mice! Crop Addict October Kit and more...

Before I get into October, I have ONE last LO to share with my September Scrapbook Circle kit.  Yes, it is all gone.  There's nothing left.  And I want another one.  Loved it!

So I did this techniqie with transparencies, and I tried misting them with glimmer mist.  I cut then out on my cricut, sprayed them and let them dry for a while.  I added a light coat of hair spray to keep them from smudging (I know there is an art prodcut intended for this purpose, but I didn't have it, and I DO have a big can of hairspray, so i used what I had!)  :)

I love the way that the mist pooled on the transparency.  Next time I think I am going to do a lighter coat, just enough so you can see the shape.  The page that I cut from witll make a great masking shape, too!!




Move over September, OCTOBER is here!  One of my favorite months, and of course lots of new kits coming out!  Here is a SUPER fun kit from Crop Addict!

Here are the first two of the four that I have created!


The grey cardstock in the kit was PERFECT for the grey costume that Charlotte wore last year (and yes, I made it!  ).  I did some misting and stitching on the background paper, and I love how the stitching came out.  I was thinking shattered glass and spider web when i was making the pattern on the paper....





I loved the Halloween papers in this kit!  And wanna know something STRANGE????  I was cutting the orange "newspaper" print paper, and was about to punch something out of it when I actually stopped to read the text....it was from the Syracuse newspaper!!!  You'll see....its on there!  How strange!

Anyways, I made this simple sketch to go with this LO for the monthly challenge this month on the forum, so go check it out!  Oh, and I love the title of that page!  :)



The add on kit includes these adorable Jenni Bowlin Halloween Bingo cards!!  They were perfect for matting some photos on!


The felt stars that come in the kit are actually not black, so I painted them with my paint and voila!  They made the perfect accents for my page!



And I never really thought about the Pink Paislee Queen Bee line as Halloween-y, but now I think it is the perfect fit!  And since i still have some of this in my personal stash, I just might have to use it on this year's pages because...well Charlotte is gonna be a......can you guess?  :)



OK, two more coming your way tomorrow that I have to add the journaling to tonight!!! 


2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

Love what you did with that misting technique! So fun to figure out a way to do things when you don't exactly have what "the product" is. Really like your other layouts too!

Unknown said...

I love so many things that I can't pick a favorite! I know what Miss Charlotte's gonna bee! I wanna know though when she'll be a spider so she can be Charlotte's web.