Sunday, February 17, 2013

Creative Scrappers sketch #248- Staying Warm!

Only a few more sketches left at Creative Scrappers! I had some fun with the speech bubbles on this sketch!

One morning I was putting away and sorting some hats, scarves and gloves, and of course the kiddos had to "help".  They wore them more of the morning and just played in the them!  It was so cute.



I knew I wanted to do something with my die cutting machine, so I just cut a whole bunch out of my background paper. I saw a technique at 2 Peas basically about layering die cuts over paint.  I loved the way that the paint squished through the cut outs, so I tried it on my page with some Art Anthology paints.  You can see that the bright shimmery areas are the paint.




I added some wood veneer bits, too, and smushed them into the paint, too.  Then just a few splatters and some other bits of paper here and there.


I just had the most WONDERFUL weekend with some awesome awesome scrappy friends!!!  I can't wait to share our good times with you!

Stay scrappy my friends!

7 comments:

Christy said...

I looove the negative diecutting with the speech bubbles...fabulous LO! :)

lisa said...

Audrey that story is so cute. I love how they play together. Great technique with the paints and sounds like you had a fab weekend x

Tracey said...

A fabulous take on the sketch Audrey!! I love it!!

Ashley Horton said...

So cute Audrey! Love the paint and how you used it with the talk bubbles!!

Marek said...

WOW so cute , love it!!!

Kathy Skou said...

This is just so cute Audrey! Love the paint...it's perfect!

Unknown said...

love your take onthe sketch, the word bubbles cut into you background is fabulous!