Monday, February 18, 2013

Snow Angel

About 5 days after we moved into our house, it poured snow...a good 10-12 inches, maybe even more!  While we were outside playing, I tried to teach Charlotte how to do a snow angel.  I told her to lay down and move her arms up and down, so she put them in the air, and then back down to the ground!  :)  She got the hang of it after a while!

I created this page for the focus on Triangles today at Practical Scrappers.  I wanted to do something different, and after a bit of thinking and brainstorming, I decided to create a burst pattern out of triangles.


If you would like to download the FREE SVG file for this burst pattern, CLICK HERE.


I simply played around and skewed them, and then formed them into a burst shape.  I the pattern out of some plain white cardstock, backed the openings with patterned paper, and then misted the cut pieces and glued them to the page.



To add some more texture to the page, I embossed some vellum and then cut out the circle shapes and just scattered them on the page.  A few more funky die cut snowflakes with some epoxy sticker centers and a bit of white thread for texture and movement.



I have to say I am kinda in love with this page!  I love it when you have a vision in mind for a layout, and it comes out the way you planned!
Stay scrappy my friends!

6 comments:

Sara Zenger said...

This turned out so cute! I love the loose fiber! :)

Tracey said...

WOW! Loving that burst pattern and all of the fabulous details. A gorgeous page!

Diana Fisher said...

Pretty cool that we were there for the start of this page! :) It turned out amazing and I love that picture!

orange gearle said...

This is beautiful, Audrey! I love the vellum -- and the photo!

Diana Waite said...

okay this turned out TOTALLY FANTASTIC!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful!!!!