Sunday, February 24, 2013

Spring in the Studio-Paper Issues Blog Hop ftg. Studio Calico




Welcome to Paper Issues “Spring Into the Studio”  Blog Hop!

You should have arrived here from Anna's Blog.

If this is your first stop, be sure to head over to Paper Issues to start at the beginning!

I have always been a Studio Calico fan!!  I love the unusual and unique patterns and color combos in their collections!  I have a few pages to share using some recent lines!

When I first saw the Darling Dear collection, I fell in love with the colors!  I thought it was a great collection for boys, so of course I used some photos of Kyler.

For the past 6 months or so, he has had this habit of dumping his food on his head and trying to wear his bowl as a hat.  Most of the time its when he is finished, but it is still a mess.  As my journaling says, I probably shouldn't have laughed the first time he did it.  And then I probably shouldn't have continued to take photos every time, either!  :)  We would always say to him "It's not a hat Ky Guy!"


Anyways, because I had so many photos and they had lots of details and colors, I wanted to center them on the page and keep the design somewhat simple.


The photos are on a piece of vellum from the Darling Dear collection, which is on a piece of grey patterned paper, and then just layers of strips on the top and bottom.  I did machine stitch the vellum to the papers with some green thread and distressed all the edges of all the strips.


I have to admit that I HATE using drops of dark orange or red mist because it looks like blood!  But this color of Mr. Huey (Orchard) was perfect for the colors in the embellishments.

OK, so next is a page that is totally opposite than the previous, using the new Sundrifter collection. I know I am going to be using this collection a lot for my spring and summer photos.

This is Charlotte last spring visiting the Easter Bunny!  Sh was all smiles when she saw him and kept telling me how soft he was after she hugged him!


I actually used a piece of paper from the SC "Abroad" collection for my background (the white circles reminded me of eggs). I toned it down a bit by doing a white wash with some gesso.  Then I used a flower stencil and some modeling paste to create some 3D flowers, and then some splatters of pink paint.


A few stickers tucked here and there and a bit of stitching, too!  This layout was based on a sketch from the My Scraps & More Sketch blog.

So thank you for hopping with us today!  And here is the order for the hop:


Anna: http://annasigga.typepad.com
Audrey: http://audreysreflection.blogspot.com
Carol: http://carolmonson.blogspot.com
Jennie: http://jenniemcgarvey.typepad.com
Kristy: http://www.theoddgirl.com
Leah: http://amusing-to-create.blogspot.com

Be sure to do the following to be eligible for the giveaway!

1. Like Studio Calico on Facebook {tell them we sent you}
2. Like Paper Issues on Facebook
3. Leave a comment

Stay Scrappy My Friends!

10 comments:

Lisa P said...

You are just everywhere, Audrey :) Love what you did with Darling Dear. Super cute pages.

Carol said...

love all the strips on that first layout.....so cool ;)

Jennie M said...

I'm totally ROFL on the first page -- those photos are hilarious! Plus, i love all the little strips. :)

Jennie M said...

I'm totally ROFL on the first page -- those photos are hilarious! Plus, i love all the little strips. :)

Margie said...

Fabulous pages-love all of the layering!

Wendy said...

I adore the first layout! The design is fun detailed and yet very appealing and clean. The topic - oh my goodness - very fun! Thanks for the giggle!

Diana Waite said...

oh my these are FUN!

sharon g said...

I like the soft look of your page. It's just gorgeous. I also love the little arrowy triangles.

Peg said...

Adorable pages.
I have loads of those bowl-hat pics too, I love what you did with them!

Jean said...

So cute!