Friday, February 15, 2013

February Inspiration Elevator...OLW-START

You may recall from last month's challenge that the purpose of this challenge group was to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow.  

This month, our challenger was the super talented Lisa Spiegel. Lisa lives in California with her family and this month she asks us to think about our growth in 2013. This is what she wrote:

"Create a layout about your One Little Word. You know, the word that we scrappers choose in January upon which to reflect for the year. This word should have special meaning to you and be selected for it's potential to help you reach and grow...the only hard part..you must use a photo of yourself and add journalling to the layout explaining the significance of the word..."

I hope you will join the rest of our Inspiration Elevator team to see what word best reflects their plans for change and growth in 2013.


So I thought a lot about my OLW for this year, and it was a bit hard to choose because I have so much going on in my life right now (which makes me wonder how much what we are experiencing NOW influences the word we choose).

The word I chose is START. We just moved back to central NY, and although the sites are the same, our lives are much different.  We are going to have to start a lot of new things: start new jobs, start new school for Charlotte, and I wanted to REstart doing things I used to do, like working out and getting together with friends.  Also, I have a tendancy to procrastinate A LOT, when it comes to projects, even scrapbooking, but I know that if I just START, even with no particular goal in mind, I will get something accomplished!


OK, about my page.  I used the February kit from My Scraps & More, which included some MME.  I wanted to add a bit more color, so I used some light green mist on the background, and went over some areas with some modeling paste.  I then machine stitched over it with some teal thread.


I fussy cut some of the black doilies from the MME papers, and used some letter "A" stickers (for me name!  :)  ) around the page.  Instead of journaling, I decided to take a whole bunch of synonyms for the word "START", write them on bits of paper, and scatter them on the page.  I really like some of the other words, but START just seemed easier!



I have usually been adding an Art Journaling component to my IE posts, but I just didn't get to it yet this month!  But it WILL get done this weekend!

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!

Stay Scrappy my friends!


11 comments:

Christa said...

Hokey freakin doodle. My daughter caught sight of this on the ipad and she said it best: whoa. Whoa whoa. That's amazing. Your colour choices, your textures, your stitching and template choice. I love it. The tiny words too. Audrey, I am in awe. Thanks so much.

Laurel said...

This is amazing as always!

Lisa Spiegel said...

You just brought the art techniques to the page!!! I am so inspired by your artistry!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous texture and colour on this one Audrey! Super beautiful and inspiring!

Diana Fisher said...

The texture on this is inspiring! I love it!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful page Audrey! Love the modeling paste and the circle elements you used!!

LisaM said...

First of all, YOU ROCKED THAT KIT! Secondly, Love your misting and stitching! Fabulous page!

Joanne said...

What an awesome depiction of your word, Audrey! I love all the thought that went into your creation of this page and all the details you added! Fabulous!
Joanne xo

Sue Sykes said...

Love the misting and use of modeling paste! So inspiring!

glorygirl said...

Fabulous layout, Audrey! Love all the different textures and the tiny words. GREAT job!

Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Audrey. I love how you sprinkled synonyms for your word across the layout and that template looks splendid on there.