Friday, January 29, 2010

My January Kit


Part of my scrapping resolution for 2010 was to create a kit from things in my stash and use it to make at least 3 LO's a month. Read about my scrapping resoultion HERE. Well I created a kit for January way back early in the month, and I have been using it quite a lot I have to say!

I wanted to focus on my word for the year, which is RENEW, so I tried to visualize what the word RENEW looked like. I thought of bright and shiny things, so I brought some metallics into the kit. Then I thought of things growing and spring, when the earth seems to renew, so there are a lot of greens and blues. As I began to go through my things, I would individually look at a piece of paper and see if fit the "feeling" of my word. I chose a a few different alphas because they weren't all complete sets. The other embellies I chose I have had in my stash for quite some time now.




I really enjoyed the process of going through all my things and pulling together things that matched and actually reviewing what I have. I am glad that I am going to do this every month because I know that even going through my stuff once isn't enough for me to remember all the great stuff I have. This process itself goes along nicely with my word, RENEW. I really feel that by taking my old things and putting them together in new ways, that I have made those old things "new again".

And here are the LO's I have made with this kit so far:

3 comments:

Gaz, Caz n Lucy in NZ said...

love your layouts, and well done you for using your stash, i got rid of alot of mine just before xmas to make room for 2 kit clubs i had joined and it felt great. good luck with using it all

Stacy said...

What a great idea Audrey! I love the kit you put together and the inspiration behind it! Love your layouts! Great job!

glorygirl said...

That is a super great idea! May just have to try that myself. Your layouts are great. Thanks for sharing them and the idea!!!