Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Too Shabby?

For my class this month at Scrapp'n Savvy, I decided to do something different for me!  Last month I used the American Crafts Chap line and did some boy pages. This month I decided to go all girl and do a few "shabby" pages using the Bazzill line Vintage Market Place, by Margie Romney-Aslett.  I just loved the piece of paper that had the large chevron prints alternating newsprint and girly colors.  So I cut the whole piece of paper into the chevron strips and made two pages with it.

While working with these colors, I couldn't stop thinking about Charlotte's birthday last year, so I decided to use some photos that I hadn't scrapped yet.  We made this birthday hat together and also the cupcakes, so nothing was really a surprise for her.



I cut some circles out of some of the patterned paper and folded and stitched them to make this banner.  The flags, die cuts, and sequins all came from some old Girl's Paperie stuff that I had...it matches perfectly with the Bazzill line (of course b/c it is the same designer!)



On the chevron strips, I machine stitched down the middle to show off the zig-zags a bit more.  I splattered the background with green mist and then threw some pink sequins on the page.


So on this next page, I used the newsprint pieces of the chevron paper to create the layered piece below.  On Saturday, Charlotte attended her first birthday party (for a friend).  It was a batman theme party (whom she doesn't really know), but wanted to get all dolled up with her glasses and bracelettes.  We had a great time!

In keeping with my "shabby" style, I added some lace under the chevron pieces. I fussy cut some roses from the paper and added them peeking out from the chevron and at other places on the page, too.




And finally, we always do one 2-pager in my class, and I decided to work with the MME Miss Caroline collection.  I loved the soft pastel colors and thought it would be perfect for a page about Easter.  These are photos from about a year ago (look at how much Charlotte's hair has grown from this page below to the previous layout!).   I have so many photos of Easter activities from last year that I MUST get done before this Easter!  :)  This was an Easter Egg hunt that we did with our Mom's Group in a local park.  Charlotte was so serious about going around finding as many eggs as she could!  :)



After I laid out all the papers and photos on my white cardstock, I decided that my background needed a bit more texture.  SO, I bought some lace by the yard at the craft store and just stitched it onto the white cardstock.  I love the texture that it adds to the page!

I fussy cut a LOT of papers, including the scalloped borders and these flower-shaped things.  Other than that, the layout is pretty simple!

I am really in love with these pages, and overall, I think they are "Not Too Shabby".  (Get it?)

I have THREE of these kits left for creating the three layouts above.  If you are interested, let me know! Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

LOVE the lace! The peek-a-boo lace and the background lace are beautiful!

Diana Waite said...

oh my goodness--loving all those sweet pictures of your charlotte--GREAT pages, LOVING all the colors!

Peg said...

Wow Audrey, your chevron is fabulous!!