Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Green is my favorite.

I love green.  It has always been my favorite color. It reminds me of nature and growth and earth.  March seems to be the month of "green" and there are a lot of challenges and inspiration going on with green.

I created this page based on this month's color challenge at Crate Paper.  BUT, I took these photos back in January and I knew that they would be perfect for today's inspiration at Practical Scrappers featuring St. Patty's Day projects.  Also, these next two weeks are focusing on Going Green at Paper Issues, too!  If you have any "green" (meaning in color or upcycled) projects, link 'em up at Paper Issues.

Charlotte and I go to the park a lot.  She loves to pick up sticks and dead leaves.  It is really brown at this time of year, but there were huge patches of clover from all the rain we have been having lately.  So I showed it to her and we had fun picking some.  No luck finding 4-leaf ones, though!  :)


Pin It


I wanted to include something that looked like a clover on my page, so I punched some circles and folded them in half.  Then I stitched down the straight edge and left some strands of string.  I grouped them into fours and added some squiggly stitches underneath.



When I do a color combo, I go through the stash I am working with and find all the little bits I can that have the colors.  Once I have everything, I sort through and narrow down what I want to use.  These pieces are from 4 different collections!

Some more close ups of the stitching and I also splattered some green Maya Mist.  Love that color....



Thanks for stopping by and be sure to link up your green projects at Paper Issues and stop by Practical Scrappers!

5 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Beautifully designed page, love the colors and the flow!

Diana Waite said...

how beautiful! I really like the green "flowers" great stitching as well! I don't know what you did different with your picture taking of the first layout but it sure pops!

Sally Cranney said...

Darling work as always Audrey! Love your fun clovers...so clever and so unique!

Karen said...

Very nice layout as always :) lots of texture and fun color

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love all the detail in there!!!