Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Sweet Hello...Scrapbook Circle

Charlotte was in a wedding a few weeks ago, and we arrived at the church right before the bridal party.  My grandfather (her great grandfather) was just coming off his medic van to go into the church.  We saw him, and there was no one else around, so we went over to give him a big kiss and hug.  His face just beamed when he saw Charlotte and she got right up on his lap and gave him a kiss and hug.  It was such a sweet moment and I was so glad that I captured it!




 I used the June kit from Scrapbook Circle for this page.  At first glance, the kit looks very masculine, but I found a way to make it girly!  I am submitting it for the Daddy Dearest challenge there.

I started by painting a light white circle with gesso and some art anthology sorbets (which add a glimmer/shimmer).  Then I used modeling paste and some doily/flower stencils on the grey background paper.



I NEVER use ribbon anymore on my pages, but I love the texture it adds to a page.  I misted the burlap trim that came in the kit with peach mist, and then found some other ribbons in my stash to create a flower embellishment.  I also took some thin, pink satin ribbon and cut it into tiny triangles and added that to my gesso/sorbet circle while it was wet so the pieces would dry in the paint.  I think they kinda look like confetti.  I am definitely going to try this again with different ribbons!


Finally a few other touches like these AWESOME flocked rub ons from Basic Grey and a heart I cut from paper.


I issued a "ribbon challenge" for the Got Talent contest at My Scraps and More today!  Head HERE to check it out!

Stay scrappy my friends!




4 comments:

Jenni Calma said...

This is sooo cute! Love the feminine take! I am totally obsessed with stencils and modeling paste now too! Love yours!!

Janis said...

This is one of the sweetest and most precious set of photos I think I have ever seen. What a treasured memory!! So glad you scrapped it.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a sweet moment to capture and scrap! I love the color combo, the ribbon flowers and stenciled background!

Diana Waite said...

what a SPECIAL precious moment captured! LOVE how you made this work for a girl page too--GREAT job!