Friday, July 12, 2013

Kiddie Kayak

Every summer, we spend LOTS of time in the Finger Lakes and in the Thousand Islands.  Let me tell you how EXCITED I was when I saw Pebbles Lakeside collection!!  Most summer collections are beach related with surfboards and beach umbrellas, not "lake" related with canoes and docks.  I love love this collection! 

A few weekends ago, Charlotte's grandma bought her an inflatable kayak and she had a BLAST paddling around the bay!  My page is based off of today's sketch at the My Scraps & More blog.





I used the water pattern paper as a guide for my machine stitched lines.  I created a large embelishment with the canoe sticker and some circles punched from patterned paper.

I used some "nautical" themed wood chips from Studio Calico and layered lots of the papers from the collection.   I used a few other wood patterned papers and stickers to create a visual triangle on the page.


Believe it or not, I have used a LOT of this collection, and it's almost gone!  I will share more next week.

Stay Scrappy my friends!


1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

how adorable is that picture? love her face that she is SO content--I really like how you textured that paper as well--GREAT job!