Monday, August 22, 2011

My first Glitz Designs reveal!!!!

Have I mentioned how excited I am to be designing for Glitz??  I raided my stash and gathered all my Glitz products together to mix and match some lines for these two pages that I created.

Little girls are so much fun.  I love to pick out clothes for Charlotte and do her hair.  Right now it is more for me than her!  :)

On this first page, I really want to play off of the blues and greens in my photos, so I used blue and green in my design with some splashes of yellow and orange.

I created a bow by folding some strips of paper and layering them together.  Then I added a tiny piece around the center.


This butterfly paper just begs to be fussy cut, so I had to do it!


I layered a lot of elements and did a little machine stitching here and there for some texture.



This next page I also wanted to focus on the bright colors from a bunch of different lines, so I printed my photos in black and white.  I did a simple grid design, and outlined each column with black machine stitching. 



I have to admit this page was more simple than a lot of my pages, but it still has some of my favorite elements like machine stitching, layering, distressing, and using a visual triangle of color.



Hope you liked my first Glitz reveals!!!!  Can't wait to start playing with the new stuff!

She's A Doll
Glitz Design Paper from Afternoon Muse, Laced with Grace, and Love Games
Glitz Design Cardstock Stickers: Laced with Grace
Glitz Design Peek-A-Boo's: Laced with Grace
Other: Alphas from Cosmo Cricket and American Crafts.

Expressions
Glitz Design Paper from Afternoon Muse, Laced with Grace, and Love Games, and Hoopla
Glitz Design Cardstock Stickers: Laced with Grace
Glitz Design Paper Layers: Laced with Grace
Other: alphas from Basic Grey

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

love the feminine feel of your first layout and the colors on the second it just FUN!

Unknown said...

Your first layout is so pretty! Love those cut out butterflies. The bright colors w/B&W photos on the 2nd layout look fantastic. I can't wait to play with the new Glitz stuff either!