Sunday, April 15, 2012

Adding some color to a kit...BOAF...

Here are a few more projects with the April kit from Birds of a Feather.

I wanted to bring in some other colors to go along with the beautiful pinks and cream and black in the April kit.  For me the easiest way to to that is paint or mist, but you could also using cardstock, markers, thread, buttons, or any other myriad of emebellishments!  On my black flowers I added some bright blue gem brads from my stash.


We went to a birthday party a few weeks ago that was batman-themed.  The cupcakes had yellow frosting with black sugar bats.  Charlotte ate the bats and the frosting, and left the cupcake!  :0  That's OK cause I ate the rest!

I misted some of the papers with different shades of greens and blues and then punched the strips with some border punches.



 I splattered some more mists on my background and used some "confetti" that was just the excess from one of the punches.


I think adding these bits of color really added to the playful/celebratory feeling of my page!

And finally, I thought I'd share two cards that I made with this kit, too.  These papers are just perfect for some frilly Mother's Day cards, so I created one for my mom and one for my MIL!


4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

your layout is TOTALLY adorable! GREAT cards too!

Cathy said...

gorgeous!

danni reid. said...

your layout is awesome and your cards are just beautiful!!

Christa said...

Wow! Audrey I adore how that black flower motif really highlights Charlotte's Moustachio! Amazed and inspired, as always!
Christa