Friday, October 12, 2012

Creative Scrappers! Playing in Leaves and Kayak rides

I've been creating with sketches these past few weeks and love getting back into them.

Good thing, too, because I just made the Creative Scrappers Design Team!!  The sketches are fabulous and and I so looking forward to working with them.  You can see the Design Team Announcement HERE.



So I wanted to share a page that i did used Creative Scrappers sketch #228.


And here is my page that I made with my September Gossamer Blue kit.



I followed the sketch pretty closely.  On the background, I started by using some molding paste and my wood parquet stencil (which I think makes great waves, too!).  I mixed in a bit of blue mist to give it a bit of color.  Then I sprayed some grey mist directly on the page.  I added a bit of sparkly bits here and there.




I punched the circle border from paper and added some string knots in the middle.  I few accents and stickers here and there and that's about it!



Now jumping from summer right into fall, I used a sketch by Kristine Davidson made exclusively for My Scraps & More.  This is the October sketch challenge on the My S&M blog, so go check it out!


I used the Basic Grey Clippings line which has some warm fall colors in it.


I love this big leaf!  Believe it or not, I actually drew this by hand, traced it with a thick black marker, took a photo of the drawing and edited it in Photoshop for stark contrast.  Then I uploaded it to SCAL2, traced it, and I was able to make my very own cutting file!!!  These make great little leaves, too, although I chose to use just one big one on my page.


I have made this SVG file available for you HERE.  You can download it for free!  If you are using a Silhouette, you have to have the designer edition of Silhouette Studio to cut SVG files.  I am using SCAL2 and my Cricut.


On my background, I did some light stamping through a stencil and then traced a little starburst pattern from another stencil, too.  And of course I always add some splatters..



I have been playing around a lot with creating some svg files.  I now have a tab at the top for some of the ones I created.  If you use any, I would love to see them!  THANKS!

3 comments:

Diana Waite said...

CONGRATS to you!! These pages are FABULOUS and CONGRATS on your pubs in Creating Keepsakes!!!

Tracey said...

Congrats on making the CS team! Their sketches are fabulous!!
Your layouts are both amazing! I love both but especially am loving the first one. The background is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!!!