Monday, October 1, 2012

Girls Best Friend....Gossamer Blue and Creative Scrappers

I'm a little late starting to dig into my September Gossamer Blue kit (I mean, gosh, the October kit will be here in a few days!).  But once I started, I really got going!

My mom's dog is a shepard mix and she is so very tolerant of Charlotte's constant tugging and pulling and playing.  Even though we have our own dog (who isn't as patient!), Charlotte thinks Shiloh is the "best dog ever"!



I used sketch #226 from Creative Scrappers.


I actually started this page by cutting the chevron strips from the EP Every Eclectic line and designed the whole rest of the page around it.  On the background, I misted with my CW Blazonry stencil with some brown and grey mists.  It was a bit too dark, so I painted over it with a white wash.  Then I machine stitched around the edges of the painted area to frame it.


I added some paper strips, these gorgeous resin flowers, and tried to do some twine a la Ashli, but I didn't do it nearly as good as she does!!


Happy October 1st!!  Bring on the Fall!!!!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Audrey!! I love it!!

Unknown said...

I love everything about this!!!!!! I really like how your pages are using more and more paint and mist, etc. Lo

Lynn said...

What gorgeous details. I love how you sewed through the banner! Love what you did with this sketch!

Diana Waite said...

GREAT take on the sketch, I really like the chevron arrow and flowers--LOVE it!

glorygirl said...

What a fun outdoor themed layout! Love the chevron arrows!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love this! The black splotches are perfection!

lisa said...

Audrey, this totally rocks!!
What a COOL LO x

Paige Taylor Evans said...

So much eye candy on this layout! I love it!