Friday, March 29, 2013

Catching some Waves! Fancy Pants

For the Glitz Designs Blog Hop, please see the previous post HERE.

We just got back from a trip to Florida where we spent some time at the beach!  I have been really itching to start scrapping warmer weather photos, and these Fancy Pants "Down by the Shore" papers were just perfect for my photos!  Charlotte just loves the water, and she was a bit scared of the waves at first, but quickly got over it.




My layout today is based on a sketch I created for the My Scraps & More Sketch-A-Thon.  I rotated the sketch to make the banner pieces look more like flags.



I really layered on the banner pieces, and turned them sideways.  I thought they looked like flags this way.  Each little piece was distressed a bit to add some more texture.


On the background, I wanted to give an feeling of water being splashed, so I used some white modeling paste and some glitter paint with a stencil. Then I splattered with navy and aqua mists.


Only 2 more days for the Sketch-A-Thon!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!  Stay scrappy my friends!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Wow, this layout is awesome, great distressed super-layered tags, and love the paste/glitter combo...cool idea!

Tracey said...

Great sketch and I love your incredible layout Audrey!!

angelika said...

Great layout, great sketch and so many,many, little details ...my english is not good enough to comment on all of those ;-).

Diana Waite said...

I love the stitching and banners--AWESOME!