Thursday, March 7, 2013

A spring wreath....

Even though we still have a lot of snow on the ground and the 10 day forecast doesn't have have a day over 40, I am ready for spring!  Perhaps if I decorate for spring, Mother Nature will see my lovely decor and be inspired to get the ball rolling???

Well here you go Mother Nature: a bright spring wreath on my front door!

 

 I simple wrapped a foam wreath shape with fun fur yarn and then tied a pretty yellow ribbon on top.
 


I used some flowers from the Basically Bare Blossoms & Leaves set, covered the chipboard ones with paper and misted the felt ones with some pastel colors.  




I layered them all up and added a brad in the middle. I also covered a chipboard bird, too.  On all the pieces, I covered them with a thin layer of Frosted Sorbet gel paint from Art Anthology.  The pieces got stuck right into the wreath with some floral picks. I added a few organza leaves which I cut by hand.


 

OK, Mother Nature....your turn.  

4 comments:

Sara Zenger said...

That is the cutest wreath! I love that it looks like grass! I have knocked on that front door! :)

Diana Waite said...

oh my SERIOUS cuteness!

lisa said...

So pretty : )

Lalo said...

Super cool. Love the look of this wreath!