Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hot Tubbin'

I recently got the urge to start looking for some good scrappy challenges.  Nothing gets my mojo going like a challenge that I really want to complete!

A friend pointed me in the direction of the current challenge at ScrapOur Stash to use this book cover as inspiration.

I had these photos of the hubby and kids swimming and playing in my MIL's hot tub already printed out, so I thought they would go well with these inspiration image.




I began by pulling out orange, greens, and aqua blues from my stash to match the image.  I also tried to find that maroon-ish red, but that was a bit more challenging.

I also really wanted to find something to go along with those faces!   I remembered that there was a piece of paper int he Studio Calico Amelia line that had a sunshine face on it, and when I pull it out, i couldn't believe how perfect it was!


I wanted to add a wave to the bottom of the page, and chose this cut file from the Just Nick store.  I LOVE this wave shape.  I welded 2 together to make my border.  I was going to leave it white on white, but then I decided I wanted to ad a bit more color to it, so I did a little watercolor wash with some mists and gelatos.  I like the color MUCH better.



When I was done, I didn't like how much white space there was, and I wanted to do something to bring the design together.  I traced a large arc on the page and then stitched over it with orange thread.  I like how it mimics the shape of the sun.

I seriously piked through my stash for this page.  Chipboard from MME, die cuts from Jillibean, alphas from an OLD Close to my Heart collection!  It feels good to use stuff!



Thanks for stopping by today!  Stay scrappy my friends!

7 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

You rocked that challenge! So cute and summery!

Brenda said...

Fabulous layout and fantastic job pulling inspiration from the book cover! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

Cassie said...

What a fabulous layout! I love how you split apart the three photos to add some embellishments and text in between. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

Tracey said...

Absolutely love this page Audrey! Awesome!

Zsoka Marko said...

Wowza girl, looooove this page! So clean and pretty, love the orange arc, great title, waves, too many things to list! That sun really is a perfect match! You rocked this challenge!!! Hope you will be joining us for the sketch challenge too, there's still a couple of days! Thanks for joining us at SOS xxx

TantiK Creation said...

Wow. This is so awsome. I love those clouds and the sun. Awesome take on the challenge.thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

Marie Claude Rodier said...

Such an adorable layout. Love how yo arranged your clouds and sun above the pictures. Thanks for joining us at SOS.